Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody try these? I installed these In my new gen4 XRS and so far I’m pretty impressed. They have a high / low style with the diodes positioned in the place normal halogen filaments are. I did have to turn the bulb so it was in the same installed position but that was very easy. They also have internal drivers so I didn’t need to find a spot to mount and fit those somewhere. The beam seems very clean with no dark spots and certainly lit things up better in my field but have not been able to ride with them yet. Im really looking forward to seeing how they perform. Especially in conjunction with the auxiliary BRP high beam. And the best part is they were.only $40 on Amazon I purchased the style that have the fans but see they also make a style with passive cooling. Just wondering if these are new or have been used by others with any experience positive or negative?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I hope this works

BEAMTECH H13 LED Headlight Bulbs,6500K 10000 Lumens Extremely Super Bright 9008 Hi/Lo 30mm Heatsink Base CSP Chips Conversion Kit,Xenon White

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just noticed they now have a save another 8% coupon so they are even less expensive.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I was wondering if there was enough room for the ones with the fan to fit, glad to get your verification. Have not used them yet but should be one of the best led lights for $40. I am strongly considering hid projectors but these would be cheap and easy. Would really like to see these compared to the sii alpha gen2.

Reactions: 19MXZ98

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know with my set up I wouldn’t be able to do a good comparison because I have the auxiliary high beams and can’t turn them off but there is no comparison on low beam with stock halogen. It reminded me of how my XS lighting was with the aux led on. Very bright and wide patterns.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I will let ya know....just ordered a set for my father in law. I wonder how they will compare to the alphas as well at 128.00 a pair.
If you can upload some pictures that would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I bought a set for my truck this past summer and never installed them. Once I found they were the same as my sled I put them in and am pretty happy with them.

Sent from my super duper ultra secretive Samsung mobile device using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
2 bulbs for $40 ish.....I bought these earlier in the summer I believe they were a bit more expensive then

Sent from my super duper ultra secretive Samsung mobile device using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
My buddies and myself bought LED bulbs for our G4's at the New Hampshire sled show this year. Bulbs are by Xentech, 6,000 bright white, they have the built in fans, drivers and hi/low beam. Quick easy install and seem to work great so far. Huge improvement from stock for sure.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What model did you get because I had looked at those but didn't see any that had the diodes in the same location as the halogen bulbs which could cause the reflector to not work as desired. There are a lot of models out there but not many with that in consideration.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I bought and installed the 10k lumens version with the fan. Hopefully they are reliable because they are impressive. I had to adjust the filament so that it was the same as the halogen. There is a set screw to adjust their installed position. I did it so they are straight up and down when installed with the forward most LED on top.

I do not have the AUX. LED installed on my sled and am not going to. I have purchased it for my previous two sleds and am done spending the extra money. Looks like I will have an equivalent beam pattern with these bulbs anyway.

Fence across the street is about 50-60 yards away.

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
I agree with you on not needing the aux led once you install a LED, however you will still outride your light at night even with the LED. The Doo aux high beam LED I do believe will help and hopefully resolve that issue. I installed the aux high beam and it does through more light further than the LED head light which I was overri ding at night last year.
I really wish Doo would address this issue on new sleds.

I bought and installed the 10k lumens version with the fan. Hopefully they are reliable because they are impressive. I had to adjust the filament so that it was the same as the halogen. There is a set screw to adjust their installed position. I did it so they are straight up and down when installed with the forward most LED on top.

I do not have the AUX. LED installed on my sled and am not going to. I have purchased it for my previous two sleds and am done spending the extra money. Looks like I will have an equivalent beam pattern with these bulbs anyway.
Fence across the street is about 50-60 yards away.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I bought the set with the fan and got to try them out last saturday. I wanted to do a comparison with my buddy who installed the Sii alpha gen 2s but he never indexed the bulbs so one was upside down and the other was 90 degrees. So I wasn't able to do the comparison but it does look like the Sii bulbs are quite a bit brighter than the beamtechs. However, for $40 they are a nice upgrade. Beam patterns are nice and they do not blind you from reflections. Might actually be better for riding in snow dust or when its snowing. I have to adjust my headlight down slightly as the highbeam hot spot was just a little high but overall they are a good option if you don't want to spend a bunch. I installed as Big Buck describes, straight up and down. May try playing with rotating them and see how it effects the beam pattern.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I was so impressed with them on my sled that I bought another set and installed them on my truck (like I had originally planned). They are pretty awesome!!! To be honest, I don't think I'd want anything brighter, too much of a distraction for oncoming traffic.

Reactions: oneeyepolak

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Wanted to give a little update. I was able to do some night riding tonight with my friend who has the gen 2 alphas from Sii and we compared the sleds side by side. There was very little difference between the two, maybe a slight edge to the alphas but almost not noticeable. If you are trying to decide between the two i would say get the 10000 lumen beamtech bulbs.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That’s great to hear. Really looking forward to seeing how they work in real life applications myself. I can use the money I saved purchasing a nice rain coat although the castle rep I know assured me my coat is already waterproof.

Reactions: Snowpull850

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also put in the Beamtech lights with the fans after seeing this thread and after adding the Doo Aux high beam LED's . They are a near perfect match, color temperature wise, compared to my Silverstar Ultras. Clocked them to the same type of positioning as a regular halogen bulb. Now we need snow so I can test them out properly!

1 - 20 of 499 Posts