Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do not drink and drive, do not drive and drink or drink while drinking, or drive while drinking, dont drink or drive or drive or drink or drive

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
Do not drink and drive, do not drive and drink or drink while drinking, or drive while drinking, dont drink or drive or drive or drink or drive

I'll drink to that ????????????????

·
Registered
576 Posts
met a guy last week who is suspended for the next 13 years

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
met a guy last week who is suspended for the next 13 years
Wow! Yes not a good idea i had it happen once 7 years ago when i was 21, i didnt get hurt and thankful i learned before something terrible happened, the way i posted was to make it sound kinda funny lol, not drinking and driving of course but just the way was worded

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Wow! Yes not a good idea i had it happen once 7 years ago when i was 21, i didnt get hurt and thankful i learned before something terrible happened, the way i posted was to make it sound kinda funny lol, not drinking and driving of course but just the way was worded

The thread title made it sound as though you had gotten the DWI recently, like in the past week.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good reminder from someone who has actually gone through it. Its amazing how getting caught could impact your life. Plus getting caught is not the worst case scenario!
Yes! I seen too many bad things happen, i posted this to sincerely hope to help whatever few i could from doing it

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
When I graduated from high school in 89 I became a garbage man. I hated that f’n job. Then I got a dwi. Naturally I got fired. Best thing that ever happened to me.

·
Guess Who's Back
22 RENEGADE XRS 850 YEAHHHH
1,731 Posts
When I graduated from high school in 89 I became a garbage man. I hated that f'n job. Then I got a dwi. Naturally I got fired. Best thing that ever happened to me.
Lmao! That's funny because its true!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
When I graduated from high school in 89 I became a garbage man. I hated that f'n job. Then I got a dwi. Naturally I got fired. Best thing that ever happened to me.
Or you could have just quit. Seems like a bass ackwards way to leave a job you hated.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Take this from someone who almost never drinks; the pendulum of punishment for DWI has swung from being less than a slap on the wrist over to being far too severe. Blowing a .09% should not be a major life altering event. Even where the limits are extremely low (like .02%), it is the extreme drunk (.2%) that are responsible for a vast majority of the fatalities.

·
On Thin Ice with Steve
35,774 Posts
If you never blow over .08 your life won't be altered. It's just that simple.
These guys that get a lawyer to get their .09 pleaded down to driving to endanger should be thrown in jail.
The law is .08
That means anything over is an oui. You should not be able to get out of blood evidence.

Sent from my iPhone three days ago

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
It has simply gotten to the point that driving after drinking anything but a very moderate amount is just not worth taking a chance. I as well know guys that have fought it and managed to get off on a technicality, hope they learned a lesson at least. I would guess had they been involved in any kind of accident it might have not happened.

Thats the thing about drinking and driving, lots think hope I don't get caught, or I probably won't. Getting caught is not the worst thing that can happen by a long shot.

The roads have gotten crazy enough with so many people stressed out, in a hurry to get nowhere and ready to run you over, keeping alcohol out of the mix can't hurt.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Some people think alcohol is the worst possible thing to impact you driving...FAR from the truth. One big one is driving tired. Sleep deprivation can easily be way worse than .08. In fact I once absolutely bombed a field sobriety test on the side of the road trying to find my hotel after a wedding reception. The cop was absolutly convinced i was hammered when i admitted to 2 drinks over several hours. He wasted all sorts of time before i told hime just give me the breathalyzer. guess I was the designated decoy that evening.
Don't tell me I'm the only to have ever pushed past the limits of good sense getting to my sledding destination or back home so I could work the next day either. If you've ever done that, get off your damned high horse about DUIs

·
Super Moderator
29,369 Posts
Its been tested, tested, and tested again; tired driving and texting and driving are FAR more dangerous than driving @ .08.

I also think some who are a lot more sober at .08 than others are at .02.

I'm on the road for work. I am way more concerned with the texting drivers than I am with the drunks - texting drivers are everywhere, all day, every day. Drunks tend to run later at night and in fewer numbers.

With that said, we also very much enjoy $1.00 drafts at our local bar. We have a path from our house to the bar, we take the side x side. No chance of a DWI riding over the river and through the woods. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts