Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Vendor
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share a little mod that I completed on my G4 Summit but would apply to any electric start G4. I generally connect my battery to a trickle charger in between trips and during the off-season. Since the battery is under the rear cover I found a flange mounted connector that I was able to use for a quick and easy plug in for charging. For good measure I used an inline fuse which would be dual purpose should I ever use the same plug for an accessory at the rear of the sled. Now I can just plug in and charge (yes, I realize it's only 2 screws to remove the cover but this was too clean to not doo :). Thought I would share the idea. Pics to follow...

·
Your source for premium sled parts and gear!
1,502 Posts
VERY NICE! :dance:

Reactions: dootoride

·
Vendor
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe throw the outlet up front, or on side of cover , so the Linq stuff can stay put?
By all means you can experiment. This seemed very clean to me and allowed for careful routing inside rather than having loose/uncontrolled routing that may result with some locations. Depending on what you run, you may be able to leave the Linq accessory on the sled at the same time. I'll say it does work with our Cargo Rack with a BCA bag :)!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I noticed you said "Trickle Charger" and not "Battery Tender".

Is there a risk to the electrical system if the cables are not disconnected from the battery?

·
Vendor
632 Posts
I noticed you said "Trickle Charger" and not "Battery Tender".

Is there a risk to the electrical system if the cables are not disconnected from the battery?
So I did end up using both phrases between the title and in my description, but I was using them interchangeably I guess. For clarity, my use of this is not for high amp/unregulated charging or draw, rather it is for connecting a conventional battery tender that offers 'smart charging' to bring the battery up to charge and then enters a maintenance or float mode. Example here...
http://products.batterytender.com/Chargers/Battery-Tender-Junior-12V-0-75A.html

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
So I did end up using both phrases between the title and in my description, but I was using them interchangeably I guess. For clarity, my use of this is not for high amp/unregulated charging or draw, rather it is for connecting a conventional battery tender that offers 'smart charging' to bring the battery up to charge and then enters a maintenance or float mode. Example here...
http://products.batterytender.com/Chargers/Battery-Tender-Junior-12V-0-75A.html

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the clarification on the type of charger you are using. I know that "fast" or "high" output chargers are harmful to these types of batteries.

I guess your not having any issues with the electrical system on the snow machine leaving the positive cable on the battery connected while charging.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts