Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i gotta 2004 adrenaline 600 sdi and im running hids and some led light stips as underglow and i got them both hooked up to the battery.. i was wondering if they would kill it by using too much power and my sdi will die out?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi i gotta 2004 adrenaline 600 sdi and im running hids and some led light stips as underglow and i got them both hooked up to the battery.. i was wondering if they would kill it by using too much power and my sdi will die out?
Your HID (if legit) will pull 35 watts and stock are 55 watts. See how much the LED's pull and chances are if they only light when running then you are OK.

·
Registered
404 Posts
LEDs pull next to nothing. Check it out but I can't imagine it is an issue.
I agree that the LED's & HIDS will not pull any additional current from the system than the stock headlights but if you are wiring them direct to the battery how are you turning them on/off + are they properly fused? (Fuses are your best friend).

Normally the headlights are powered from a set of relays (controlled via the ECM) through a 20 Amp fuse which should delay the headlights turning on until the engine is running and drawing power from from the magneto vs direct from the battery. I would suggest supplying power to the HID's & LED's through the standard lighting circuit (& fuse) to leave more power for the SDI system on start-up and eliminate the problem of forgetting to turn the accessories off and having a dead or low battery.

SDI`s do not like low battery`s

Alex

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts