Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10.5 bar guage for temp doesn't work. Called dealer and they think it may be a loose wire so I'm going to look myself first.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 10.5 bar guage for temp doesn't work. Called dealer and they think it may be a loose wire so I'm going to look myself first.
You have to buy a temp guage module to activate that function. If it is not installed, it will not work. It is a gray module behind the headlights or guage cluster. It has 3 wires...red, white, and black I think.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I hear ya. Pretty sad when you know more than your dealer

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no module but there's a plug with 3 wires, black with red stipe, white with red stripe and a red wire. Is this where it plugs in?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Thanks for the info, do you think it's worth it.
i thought it was worth the $150 to have peice of mind of knowing how warm your motor is running and you get a compass too and the lap record function there is a modual that you can get that $100 that just gives you the temp gauge

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
In my 08, the module gave me temperature bars on the left side of the guage. It also gave a compass and lap timer as mentioned previously. In addition to this, I had an altimeter and digital clock. I pulled it out and plugged it into my etec and everything works but the clock. If you have electric start, then you should have the clock function with the extra module. However, you must have the dealer hook up to the BUDDs computer to have the clock activated. Many dealers don't know this either.

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts