Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so my friend has an 05 mxz adrenaline with the x package bar set up, has the new steering post and all. He's 6'4" and needs more riser. He likes my 8" rise, but i'm on a 440 and were not sure if the cables(throttle+brake) and wiring will reach with that high of a rise. Does anyone know if theres enough room for the 8" riser, or has anyone tried???
Thanks
TJ

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
soon_to_be_440 said:
OK so my friend has an 05 mxz adrenaline with the x package bar set up, has the new steering post and all. He's 6'4" and needs more riser. He likes my 8" rise, but i'm on a 440 and were not sure if the cables(throttle+brake) and wiring will reach with that high of a rise. Does anyone know if theres enough room for the 8" riser, or has anyone tried???
Thanks
TJ
[snapback]737533[/snapback]​
I had a adren. package, then I added the X-post, straight handle bars and 8in. I just moved the brake line to the front of the oil tank, and re-routed the cable. It is easy. I drove it several times like this and then the cable caught once. So instead of messing around with it and chancing it I just bought a new one for 30$. I know that a lot of people do just reroute it but to be honest with you I got neverous when it stuck wide open.

Hope this helps,
Also this topic has been gone over, a million times so I know if your search that you can find a lot of good information...

Ryan

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you move the steering post forward? I know my 04 had the hole already in the frame. But my 06 Did not. So i pulled out the drill and made my own holes. Everything clears and i love the position of the bars. I am pretty tall also at 6'1" and this is a very comfortable position for standing up.

·
Just doo it.
690 Posts
soon_to_be_440 said:
thanks guys, any other input?
ya we searched and got a million pages and couldn't really find what we were looking for...
[snapback]737705[/snapback]​
On a X package like that, don't take me serious because Im only going by what I heard, but I think you can go 7" with a riser. Thats only what I heard though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
soon_to_be_440 said:
Thanks
TJ
[snapback]737533[/snapback]​
Go to power mad and get there throttle extenssion.
Check around, there are some companys out there that have adjustable risers..
You should be able to rerout your cables and get enough room.
I have a 2006 MXZ-X 600, with a 6" Power Madd Riser,, I could put the 8" on with out needing a new Brake line, and the throttle has about 10" extra on it so thats not a problem,, you might need to get a longer brake line,, and if you want a longer riser, take the two blocks to a welder, and have them welded together..
Just make sure the welder is good, a lot of guys think they know how to weld, and they even do it for a living..
Make sure they dont wire feed weld either,, thats not very strong..
TIG weld only..
I know a guy that free styles, and his risers are sooo high that when you sit on the sled, your looking at the cross bar..

·
Hurry, pull my string again!
2,181 Posts
8" can go stock, but it will be tight. i rerouted in front of the oil tank, behind the recoil handle housing, and i had a couple more inches to spare. oph, for reference i have the stock 4" plus the IsoVibe at 2.5", with the X bars.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I've got an 8.5 total rise on my 04 X with the steering stem in the forward position. Had to re-route the brake line and throttle cable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts