Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install a bar riser kit on my GSX 600 but don't feel like going through the hassle of installing all the cable extensions. Recently I seen a comment on one of "powermods" videos saying if you stay under a certain height riser you don't need the cable extensions. Can anyone confirm this for me? Only looking to get a 2in riser.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
they used to sell a kit for 03 to 05 revs that deleted the mobile windshield

came with 440 steering column, straight bars, 3 inch riser, hand guards, and windshield that used your stock cables and harness

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they used to sell a kit for 03 to 05 revs that deleted the mobile windshield

came with 440 steering column, straight bars, 3 inch riser, hand guards, and windshield that used your stock cables and harness
Do they still sell them?

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Ryan_Rev, i have the Rox 2” riser and billet hand guard mounts for mobile ws if interested, PM me

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I've seen some brake light wires that are pretty tight at stock height, but I was able to re-route to make it work.

width also plays a huge roll. When I went with wider bars on an old sled, I had to do a fair bit of fiddling to make everything work right.

·
Registered
33 Posts
UPDATE: I hadn't thought about my grip & throttle heater and would like to keep them. So now I'm either going to rise the stock bars with the mobile shield still attacked OR take the shield off the bars and go at the sketchy mounts with an angle grinder as to not impale my chest. Has anyone ever tried this? I'm wondering if the mobile shield can still be adjusted to be flush with a 2in riser?

·
Registered
424 Posts
UPDATE: I hadn't thought about my grip & throttle heater and would like to keep them. So now I'm either going to rise the stock bars with the mobile shield still attacked OR take the shield off the bars and go at the sketchy mounts with an angle grinder as to not impale my chest. Has anyone ever tried this? I'm wondering if the mobile shield can still be adjusted to be flush with a 2in riser?
Grips just pop off with a little heat, or get RSI warmers and never replace them again. Just my .02

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Grips just pop off with a little heat, or get RSI warmers and never replace them again. Just my .02
I heard they can be quite annoying to install? I'm not the type of person that NEEDS warmers but my stock one's still work mint so I may as well try to keep them if I can right

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,058 Posts
Lose the mobile windshield, grind off the tabs and get a fixed windshield.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts