Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally get a touch of snow, and BAM Saturday night multiple fatalities happen on sleds. No real positive reports yet, but there were between 3 and 5 killed in the state Saturday night alone according to the Rescue Crews. Its terrible for the people and their families, so i feel extremely bad for them.

It'll be in the newpaper or on the TV news later on and I'll actually hear what is being reported instead of hear-say at this time.
Lets hope they were not alcohol related, and that the families pull through this.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i heard about the one in Oconto county, i was up i that area over the weekend and am unsure on exactly where it happened. I heard he was rearended and sent out onto the highway getting struck and killed by a car.

also, in Langlade county, a snowmobiler hit a tree friday night. unsure of the outcome of this incident, although, i drove through the area of this accident today and if the guy made it, hes very very lucky. there were marks on a small tree 50' in the woods 10' up

my thoughts and prayers are with all the families of the crash victims from over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
That's too bad. I had the Wisconsin snomobile fatality link in my favorites, now it says I am not authorized to enter it. Weird. Later, Sxrlar.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We where just leaving Armstrong Creek and when we hit laona we had heard someone talking about a bad crash. The traffic this weekend was insane, the trail counter over by wabeno counted 2400 sleds on one trail for the day.

looks like all have to start riding during the week when everyone is back home.

·
Registered
110 Posts
northwoodsboy said:
We where just leaving Armstrong Creek and when we hit laona we had heard someone talking about a bad crash. The traffic this weekend was insane, the trail counter over by wabeno counted 2400 sleds on one trail for the day.

looks like all have to start riding during the week when everyone is back home.
[snapback]699813[/snapback]​
2400 sleds on one trail in one day is insane!! With that many riders on the trail, problems are bound to arise. My condolences go out to the families affected by these tragic events.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to a Law enforcement officer, and he thought there were 3 in Oconto County alone.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was also one just South of Mountain on the railroad grade. Also one near Anderson lake where someone hit a guide (spelling?) wire for a telephone pole. He is alive, but has bad injuries.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I just saw this in today's paper, didn't see anyone here post this on the weekend.

From the Canadian Press wire:

A snowmobiler from Shingleton, Michigan, is dead after his machine veered off a trail and crashed into a tree north of Thessalon, Ontario.

Provincial police say Mark Jones was unable to negotiate a curve on the trail and struck a tree Saturday. The 38-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.

G

·
Sad to hear of anyone getting killed in the sport we all LOVE.... Thoughts and prayers to all that have been touched by the loss..... The end of Jan. my wife and I did loose a newly made friend to a snowmobile crash..... Heart breaking she, left behind a husband of 13 years and 2 kids

·
Registered
279 Posts
2003 mxz 800 said:
We had a fatality here in Dunbar early Sat morning. Do not know many facts yet.
[snapback]699713[/snapback]​
My buddy has a cabin on Blueberry point road in Dunbar, i haven't snowmobiled in that area for a while but we do go 4 wheeling up there. Nice area!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts