Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a vibration in my 2011 1200 Gade. Mainly between 10 mph and 60 mph and very noticeable between 40 and 50. It can be felt in the running boards in the front and in the handlebars. It is still noticeable after 60 in the bars but less so. I have a new track, the driveshaft bearings are new, and a new o-ring on brakedisc. Both jackshaft bearings are new. Belt is new. I noticed a fair bit of wear on the plastic drivers {the sled has almost 15000 miles on it }, and was wondering if that could cause the vibration. I have no experience with the extrovert drivers and was thinking the wear on this part of the drivers might be the culprit. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
What kind of track? Is it different than the one you replaced? Could be a defective track maybe or the pitch is a little off. Normally things that cause vibrations don't get better ar higer speeds.

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
extrovert drivers also drive off the lugs like all drivers

the extrovert only really helps with a loose track

is the track studded?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Track is an Ice Attack 1.22. The vibration was there with the previous track. I will check the upper idlers but the bearings were new this past summer.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
extrovert drivers also drive off the lugs like all drivers

the extrovert only really helps with a loose track

is the track studded?
I agree with this but if there is wear on the driver that runs on the track lugs that would let the extroverts touch all the time. Maybe that is the issue.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Was your old track a 16" wide? I went from a 16 to a 15 and it caused alot more icing in the tunnel, vibrates the running boards pretty good.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had a very consistent belt vibration in mine which really shook my sled from ~70-120kmh'ish....it drove me nuts. Brought her in and the dealer said everything looked good. This year when I brought her in for the pre-season-go-over I mentioned the vibration again.....the mechanic said my secondary was set to 26lbs and was struggling to open when he had it on the stand...vibrated like crazy. Changed the spring back to 16lbs, put her on the stand and the secondary opened nicely with no more vibration.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a very consistent belt vibration in mine which really shook my sled from ~70-120kmh'ish....it drove me nuts. Brought her in and the dealer said everything looked good. This year when I brought her in for the pre-season-go-over I mentioned the vibration again.....the mechanic said my secondary was set to 26lbs and was struggling to open when he had it on the stand...vibrated like crazy. Changed the spring back to 16lbs, put her on the stand and the secondary opened nicely with no more vibration.
I have a compression spring so that is not the issue

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
I use stock drivers for trail sleds

but I have had bad vibrations when I installed those big headed studs

and I got some of them too close to the drivers, made lots of noise

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My apologies. I forgot to let you guys know that I found the issue. There was a wobble in the secondary. I replaced it and the vibration was gone. Smooth as silk.

·
RPG
2022 Renegade X 900r Turbo
1,216 Posts
Interesting, was the jackshaft bent? What part of the secondary did you have to change out?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting, was the jackshaft bent? What part of the secondary did you have to change out?
Not sure where exactly where the issue was, but I purchased a used jackshaft and that cured the issue. The fixed portion obviously, comes with the shaft.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts