Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
141 - 160 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
FROM F/B,
Chase Toys Inc.
So it begins.......
First load of 2023 Ski Doo Snowmobiles ALL are snowchecks. No Spring Only models. Phones are already ringing.
We truly appreciate all your support!!

John Gibbs
Author Admin
These are all 2023s not sure who or where this 22 rumor started but all models shipping are 2023s even got some Gen 5s in too.

Maine dealership.
View attachment 2001143
“No spring only” sleds answers my question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Dealers can't be happy being storage units for unfinished product.
Theoretically, the shouldn't be able to claim that as a sale because it's incomplete.. Auditors have found companies that shipped empty boxes to customers with an IOU so it could be declared as a sale and make investors/owners happy.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Did you order a 850 then again? Did you not like the 900R?

Yeah, I wanted to love it, and with the new cable hybrid throttle I was pretty excited but I just couldn't get used to the weight and sluggish feeling. I ran 3300 miles on the 900R but running back to back with the 850, the 2 stroke was just a lot more fun. Long flat fast trails the turbo was great but at the end of the day I'm going back to an 850.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yeah, I wanted to love it, and with the new cable hybrid throttle I was pretty excited but I just couldn't get used to the weight and sluggish feeling. I ran 3300 miles on the 900R but running back to back with the 850, the 2 stroke was just a lot more fun. Long flat fast trails the turbo was great but at the end of the day I'm going back to an 850.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Ok. Well, me going from the 4 strokes (which I thought were just fine for my type of riding) to the 850 will be a big change. I’ll give it a year to form a opinion, but I’ll have no problem going back to the 4 stroke if this 850 leaves me hanging.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
China just announced that their zero covid policy lock downs could last 5 years... So unless they start getting their screens/dashes/handlebar switches from some other country its going to rough ride for a long time.
With the economy going the way it is most people won't want they have now.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ok. Well, me going from the 4 strokes (which I thought were just fine for my type of riding) to the 850 will be a big change. I’ll give it a year to form a opinion, but I’ll have no problem going back to the 4 stroke if this 850 leaves me hanging.

Don't worry about the 850 leaving you hanging. You may wonder why you didn't switch to one sooner imho ;)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Don't worry about the 850 leaving you hanging. You may wonder why you didn't switch to one sooner imho ;)
I’m just saying I’ve had lots of reliability with the 1200’s and 900t and I never complained about having any of them. They all did what I wanted well. The 850 will definitely be a learning curve for me, but I’m open to it, can’t wait actually. I almost bought a 850 in 2020 but opted for the 900t last minute and this choice was still not easy by any means. Since I didn’t order anything special for this X, I hope it gives me a better chance at seeing it on time.

·
Super Moderator
31,790 Posts
The 850 is the real deal. My last sled was a 900T, I have a 900R on order. The 2 before those were 850s. You will not be disappointed.

I honestly believe if you're a 4 stoke guy you owe it to yourself to try an 850.

If you're a 2 stroke guy you owe it to yourself to try a 900 turbo of some level.

They're both awesome machines, they just have different personalities. In a perfect world I'd own both. Neither is the wrong answer.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
On a side note, I recommend running a 531 belt. That’s what my 2018 came with. When it finally wore out after 4K miles I went to the new 571. It just don’t seem to pull as hard / yank my arms like it did with the 531.

141 - 160 of 311 Posts