Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think there will be a lot of guys bailing on their Spring Break sled in the fall. They will be using the late shipping as their excuse but really they just want out of the deal due to economic reasons. Its already happening with Seadoos. Used sled prices are falling around here. Same sleds for sale week after week with very few of them actually selling. Last summer used sleds were selling even in June/July for top dollar.

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
10,442 Posts
Late new sled deliveries due to parts shortages and tons of used inventory because people are selling out already due to rising costs… I’m completely blindsided by it. Who would have seen this coming?
😂
really tho. anyone who placed an order for a 23 sled thinking production was all of a sudden back to the good ol days is fooling themselves lol

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
really tho. anyone who placed an order for a 23 sled thinking production was all of a sudden back to the good ol days is fooling themselves lol
Right, but wasn't Doo limiting number of spring sleds to each dealer to help resolve this? I spring ordered and will keep my 2020 BC but I'm pretty bummed the new sled will be late.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
10,442 Posts
Right, but wasn't Doo limiting number of spring sleds to each dealer to help resolve this? I spring ordered and will keep my 2020 BC but I'm pretty bummed the new sled will be late.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
i assume they did that to help resolve this yes. im not sure what most folks expected as a result? they already found out the result of not limiting orders last year. id love to hear a better solution from people that are upset right now. offer no 2023 models to anyone? my expectations have been adjusted and will be ok if my 23 shows up or doesn't. we have zero control of delivery date so life goes on.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
I don’t really care when my 23 shows up. I’m too busy with project pimp the lil ace. I just picked up my X-pkg seat today. It’s in pieces though as I had to order it ala carte. And I just got my check last week which will help me place my Elka shock order, I should be ordering the PB 80 from Cudney sometime in July. By the time the snow flies I’ll have my 600 ACE prepped for full time duty. I’ll have fun running down 800 2-strokes in the tight twisties till the new sled arrives.

Edit: If said 800 2-stroke is being ridden by a guy with women and or children in tow. Just thought I’d clarify…LOL But seriously that’s half the fun of riding 4-strokes. You get to hunt 2-strokes, you can smell them before you see them. New sled gets here when it gets here, it is what it is. At least us 23 buyers knew what to expect and were able to plan accordingly.

·
Premium Member
3,135 Posts
Sled will sell any time of the year. Price it right. Sold my mtn sled in May..People are not being resonable with used sled prices.
Used sled prices are going to come down some for sure and get more realistic if people want to move them and not just watch them sit on Facebook Marketplace.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
With the food and fuel inflation affecting everyone, there will be a lot less money left over for recreation this season. The prices of all used toys (sleds, boats, etc) are in for a big correction.
Thats what one would think, but there seems to be no shortage of money yet. A lot of people won’t change their habits.

·
Super Moderator
18,642 Posts
With the food and fuel inflation affecting everyone, there will be a lot less money left over for recreation this season. The prices of all used toys (sleds, boats, etc) are in for a big correction.
I sure think it’s ready to hit many hard. Around our store, I have heard more people in the last week saying they are at the end of their rope then I have heard in years. I just think the fact that prices are climbing on everything almost daily is just going to force peoples hand at some point.

·
Registered
2022 MXZ X 600R
1,560 Posts
Some people said I was crazy to keep my 22 that finally showed up one week before my trails closed. I feel even better about that decision now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A good friend of mine ordered a 22 renagade 600rX. in yellow . It was a 50 50 deal with his 30 or so daughter . It came in black . She would not accept it.This was maybe March 1.The dealer sold it for 3k more than than they would have paid . To add insult to injury the dealer already sold all 40 of his allotted sleds.

Reactions: Pappymn
21 - 40 of 127 Posts