Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
301 - 320 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
So far MY23 sleds have shipped when they said. So far we have received a good number Skandics, Exp, and Tundras and had missing components shipping out as well. The only delays I have heard are some of the December G5s possibly being pushed to Jan. I guess well see.
Thank you for the update. I actually drove 45 miles to my dealer to introduce myself (my local dealer was out of allocated slots by my order date of March 8th) and check if there was any updates to my Spring Order (Exp SE) and they said while they couldn't get on their system today due to some hack of Ski-Doo's computer system, they still expected to see it sometime before the snow flies here in MN.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Thank you for the update. I actually drove 45 miles to my dealer to introduce myself (my local dealer was out of allocated slots by my order date of March 8th) and check if there was any updates to my Spring Order (Exp SE) and they said while they couldn't get on their system today due to some hack of Ski-Doo's computer system, they still expected to see it sometime before the snow flies here in MN.
Yup. Most BRP systems are still down.

URGENT: BRP SYSTEMS UNAVAILABLE

On Monday, August 8, we discovered we were a target of malicious cybersecurity activity. Immediate measures were taken by BRP to contain the situation. We are working with cybersecurity experts to resolve this issue. These measures are expected to impact operations and pause production in the short term.

At this time, you will be unable to do the following:
Access the entire BOSSWeb system
Submit PA&A orders and returns
Unit and PA&A orders
Current shipments will experience a delay
Invoicing is also impacted
Submit warranty registrations and claims
Access any other BRP system
Please note - if you haven’t updated your BUDs license within the last two weeks you will be unable to deliver a sold unit to a customer, program additional keys for units, or diagnose a unit for service.

·
Super Moderator
18,702 Posts
Yup. Most BRP systems are still down.

URGENT: BRP SYSTEMS UNAVAILABLE

On Monday, August 8, we discovered we were a target of malicious cybersecurity activity. Immediate measures were taken by BRP to contain the situation. We are working with cybersecurity experts to resolve this issue. These measures are expected to impact operations and pause production in the short term.

At this time, you will be unable to do the following:
Access the entire BOSSWeb system
Submit PA&A orders and returns
Unit and PA&A orders
Current shipments will experience a delay
Invoicing is also impacted
Submit warranty registrations and claims
Access any other BRP system
Please note - if you haven’t updated your BUDs license within the last two weeks you will be unable to deliver a sold unit to a customer, program additional keys for units, or diagnose a unit for service.
This sounds like an awfully big deal.. Can’t even service or warranty, shipments etc. all effected.. great.

·
Super Moderator
31,969 Posts
For some reason cosmetic changes are often mentioned and technical upgrades are overlooked. Similar to the G4 to G5 changes, the technical presentation revealed a host of nice improvements. Ill start another thread re MY23 ATV and SXS upgrades so as not to highjack this thread.
THANK YOU. Your contributions to this site are very much appreciated. (y)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
This sounds like an awfully big deal.. Can’t even service or warranty, shipments etc. all effected.. great.
IT is so integrated into everything, it's even possible they can't get into the building, turn the lights on, etc. Once you have identified an intrusion, you need to examine everything as the intruders could have left surprises behind! It's not something you can do very quickly in a large company like BRP.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
For some reason cosmetic changes are often mentioned and technical upgrades are overlooked. Similar to the G4 to G5 changes, the technical presentation revealed a host of nice improvements. Ill start another thread re MY23 ATV and SXS upgrades so as not to highjack this thread.
Similar G4 to G5 changes?? I cannot comment on the trail segment, but the summit G5 IS a totally new sled and chassis and talked about lots, even BRP mentioned all the new chassis updates. This is doo talk, the G4 to G5 is NOT like the xp to xm, that sled was all cosmetic with tmotion rear arm.

This is dootalk, unfortunately it seems other forums are more in the know on the product details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
IT is so integrated into everything, it's even possible they can't get into the building, turn the lights on, etc. Once you have identified an intrusion, you need to examine everything as the intruders could have left surprises behind! It's not something you can do very quickly in a large company like BRP.
I work IT and have been part of many of these. I worked the Kaseya breach. Most of these are just after a ransom. Rarely is a company targeted , they cast a big net and just hope someone gets caught.

I can't imagine brp wouldn't have a good DR plan tested over and over again. But who knows I still see CEOs gutting the IT dept. I nuke everything and restore it all. That stuff gets everywhere. Took us about 20 hours on the last one I did. The idiots hit them on a Friday at noon. Gave me all weekend to get it back up.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

·
E-Tec Rules
35,040 Posts
I bet it was a guy that owns a Polaris that made all this mess...
First name Steve by any chance

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Similar G4 to G5 changes?? I cannot comment on the trail segment, but the summit G5 IS a totally new sled and chassis and talked about lots, even BRP mentioned all the new chassis updates. This is doo talk, the G4 to G5 is NOT like the xp to xm, that sled was all cosmetic with tmotion rear arm.

This is dootalk, unfortunately it seems other forums are more in the know on the product details.

That was my point exactly. Most people think the G4 to G5 was just cosmetic changes and styling here and there, when it actually is a completely different beast!

·
Registered
2022 Turbo Freeride 165
502 Posts
That was my point exactly. Most people think the G4 to G5 was just cosmetic changes and styling here and there, when it actually is a completely different beast!
yup. i wan't interested in snowchecking a '23 freeride but then i learned about all the changes and saw the ride reports.

301 - 320 of 342 Posts