Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #241
My daughters NEO plus is in, but it came with the 900Turbo instead of the 600EFI. It’s crazy heavy, and I’m concerned it won’t be a good fit for her now as she is 9 year old. What should I do?
Are they charging you more with the engine change?

·
Registered
x_posts
My daughters NEO plus is in, but it came with the 900Turbo instead of the 600EFI. It’s crazy heavy, and I’m concerned it won’t be a good fit for her now as she is 9 year old. What should I do?
Really, you trying to be funny? So decals were changed on a 900t sled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
x_posts
You should be happy. The Neo is a joke. A Neo with the 900 would be perfect with the finger throttle and green key for kids.

·
Registered
x_posts
You should be happy. The Neo is a joke. A Neo with the 900 would be perfect with the finger throttle and green key for kids.
I was joking about the turbo, but don’t think the neo is a joke. I have (3) 900s in my family and it’s just too much in a full size sled for my 9 year old. Too heavy. She will enjoy the neo for several years before moving up.

·
Registered
x_posts
I was joking about the turbo, but don’t think the neo is a joke. I have (3) 900s in my family and it’s just too much in a full size sled for my 9 year old. Too heavy. She will enjoy the neo for several years before moving up.
Yes they are heavy. I have 3 900 Ace machines as well. My daughter is 11 and we just bought her a used MXz Blizzard 900 Ace. She has been driving our other 900s for a few years now with green key and or grey in Eco. Not speeding around trails by herself but with me. She can steer these better than a 96 formula s 380.

So although heavier I think a 900 is easier to steer. Not sure if the 380 is just that much harder because of deeper wear bars, older technology. Or just the seating position of being more upright with more leverage.

I was joking about the Neo because of the cheaper suspension, detuned 600, and the throttle that can't be rotated to finger. I realize it is a beginner sled. But a 900 my daughter has been learning on and will grow into it since we plan to keep for a very long time.

The Neo was made for sales, learn on and move on forcing them to buy new in a few years when they outgrow it.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #250
Here's the latest update from Ski Doo's website:

Last Updated : August 2, 2022

While it’s warm outside now, we know that the first snowflakes will begin falling soon enough which means Ski-Doo season is about to start!

Our goal and efforts continue to be to deliver all snowmobiles and accessories in time for that first winter snowfall. However, we continue to experience delays, and we do anticipate delivery delays on some units initially planned for November or December that will now roll into January.

In addition, due to continued supplier constraints, we’ve had to make some feature adjustments to select 2023 snowmobiles in order to deliver them to customers as quickly as possible. Summit Edge, Summit SP and Backcountry X/X-RS will only be available with electric start due to the limited availability of SHOT and manual start for those models. If you pre-ordered one of these units, your dealer will contact you shortly to provide a detailed update on your pre-order. We apologize for adjusting some of these orders, but this is the best option to get as many riders on the snow as soon as possible this winter.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #251
Here's the latest update from Ski Doo's website:

Last Updated : August 2, 2022

While it’s warm outside now, we know that the first snowflakes will begin falling soon enough which means Ski-Doo season is about to start!

Our goal and efforts continue to be to deliver all snowmobiles and accessories in time for that first winter snowfall. However, we continue to experience delays, and we do anticipate delivery delays on some units initially planned for November or December that will now roll into January.

In addition, due to continued supplier constraints, we’ve had to make some feature adjustments to select 2023 snowmobiles in order to deliver them to customers as quickly as possible. Summit Edge, Summit SP and Backcountry X/X-RS will only be available with electric start due to the limited availability of SHOT and manual start for those models. If you pre-ordered one of these units, your dealer will contact you shortly to provide a detailed update on your pre-order. We apologize for adjusting some of these orders, but this is the best option to get as many riders on the snow as soon as possible this winter.

I wonder how many will cancel their orders versus keep em with these changes.

·
Yup....nice day out.
x_posts
Reactions: MX-Z Man and krm

·
Registered
2023 MXZ XRS
x_posts
The irritating part of this whole thing, they knew it was going to be an issue and cut delivery numbers by more than 1/2. Based on cutting the numbers, they should have known that most of the orders coming in would be premium options. For instance if they have 5,000 spring order units, they should have assumed that 80% of them would be something with an 850, smart shox, better gauge, shot, ect.

In my mind, someone at Ski Doo supply chain dropped the ball Again, and didn’t prepare for the orders.

In the big picture, they should move the February release to December to prepare for parts they need the next summer. Instead of having to deliver sleds in January, they could have them all delivered by the end of November. They can still hold their build dates to the summer, just more time to acquire parts.

·
SkiDoo Guru
x_posts
The irritating part of this whole thing, they knew it was going to be an issue and cut delivery numbers by more than 1/2. Based on cutting the numbers, they should have known that most of the orders coming in would be premium options. For instance if they have 5,000 spring order units, they should have assumed that 80% of them would be something with an 850, smart shox, better gauge, shot, ect.

In my mind, someone at Ski Doo supply chain dropped the ball Again, and didn’t prepare for the orders.

In the big picture, they should move the February release to December to prepare for parts they need the next summer. Instead of having to deliver sleds in January, they could have them all delivered by the end of November. They can still hold their build dates to the summer, just more time to acquire parts.
If only things were that simple in this day and age with companies needing to depend on others and help but as of now Joe we're still on schedule

·
Registered
x_posts
They don't wait until snow check is over to order parts. I'm sure they already had the parts on order in December. That's why they had an early cut-off for some of the options.

·
Registered
2022 Ski-Doo Enduro 600R
x_posts
The irritating thing is I'm still waiting for parts for my 2022 (air shock, & a real DESS post) Air shock campaign is supposed to start Aug 16, beginning to think we'll never see the DESS post...I be happy if they just retrofitted a regular old key for it and went back to an old tether switch.

x_y_of_z_posts