Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
221 - 240 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
After seeing this, now I'm super glad I kept my 2022 order, even with the almost March delivery. SHOT was one of the reasons I upgraded. Definitely don't envy any dealers that have to make these types of calls...
x2 on accepting late delivery on my 22, and patting myself on the back for holding off a year for my next sled order. When do 2024 spring orders start??? :D :D :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
My dealer and I had the same conversation a few days ago. He said on a normal year, 10% of the guys back out on their Spring Break sled. With mortgage rates increasing a lot of young guys just wont be able to afford a new sled this fall. He is figuring right now that the 10% number will be 25-30% this fall. He said it is already started.
I agree it is going to be tough. But I can't see the dealers being too upset at this. Now they will have floor inventory. Secondly, just because it is not what someone ordered doesn't mean there isn't a customer for that configuration. The sleds will still sell and possibly at a mark-up. We could have all guessed that they would favor resources on the G5 side.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I agree it is going to be tough. But I can't see the dealers being too upset at this. Now they will have floor inventory. Secondly, just because it is not what someone ordered doesn't mean there isn't a customer for that configuration. The sleds will still sell and possibly at a mark-up. We could have all guessed that they would favor resources on the G5 side.
So what your saying is, screw the loyal customer that had the foresight and trust to order something he wanted with the "promise" it would be delivered as ordered due to dealers taking limited orders so this wouldn't happen? What about the customer being upset? But hey,at least the dealer will have floor inventory.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
So what your saying is, screw the loyal customer that had the foresight and trust to order something he wanted with the "promise" it would be delivered as ordered due to dealers taking limited orders so this wouldn't happen? What about the customer being upset? But hey,at least the dealer will have floor inventory.
Ya, the dealers will not loose out ultimately as there are lists of people waiting for sleds, but it is a total d*** move on the part of BRP. Having to call a list of customers to tell them the Expedition they orders is magically now a Skandic sucks. Horrible for the end user.

·
Registered
468 Posts
So what your saying is, screw the loyal customer that had the foresight and trust to order something he wanted with the "promise" it would be delivered as ordered due to dealers taking limited orders so this wouldn't happen? What about the customer being upset? But hey, at least the dealer will have floor inventory.
Look, man, things are changing daily, and someone will lose. Try looking at the bright side; some people might be better off.

Loyalty does not always equal common sense. Learn from history and make better decisions. Last year was terrible for deliveries; the supply system and the state of the GLOBAL economy has not improved. Why would it look like a sure thing the next year?

·
Premium Member
2022 Expy 600R SE 2021 XRS 850 Rene
4,570 Posts
Ya, the dealers will not loose out ultimately as there are lists of people waiting for sleds, but it is a total d*** move on the part of BRP. Having to call a list of customers to tell them the Expedition they orders is magically now a Skandic sucks. Horrible for the end user.
Or better yet the 850 Expedition I ordered turned in a 600R Expedition just overnight>>>>>😩

·
Registered
255 Posts
Being in this boat last year waiting on my Mach Z, I will say to those waiting on their new dream sled, good luck and I hope your sled is delivered on time. Versus, 'OMG I'm soooo glad I didn't order'

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
10,768 Posts
unfortunate but im not shocked to see supply chain issues still a problem. the 23 BCxrs i ordered was electric start but honestly i will take is with electric, shot, or rope. it is what it is and im ready to put miles on lol

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
As long as I get the sled sometime this winter I'll be ok with it. Us 23 owners were at least able to see what went on with the 22s and plan accordingly. I'm planning on riding a different sled for the majority of the season. Gotta have a plan B if ya ordered a 23...LOL
Yes..I am doing maintenance on my 2009 1200. That way I can still ride if my new enduro is delayed into March.

·
Registered
2022 Backcountry X Blue/Orange
184 Posts
All this crying has me wishing I didnt read the last 2 pages of this thread. Everyone knew there was the possibility of issues and if you didnt, then you're the problem.
Crying or not, I enjoy these threads. Last year, I'll say I planned ahead, fully expecting delivery issues, so kept my 2021 until my 2022 arrived. Which ended working out in my favor, because the 2022 didn't arrive until the end of February. And I'm still sitting on my 2021 because it was close to end of season at that point. But while waiting for the 2022, getting any sort of info out of BRP or the dealer was next to impossible. All I could get was "delivery date is now 2 weeks later", rinse and repeat. Between these types of threads, and the Youtube delivery update videos done by Robertson's Power and Sports, a guy could actually get some sort of a feel on what was being delivered, what parts were missing, expected part deliveries, etc. Any sort of info was better than none.

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
10,768 Posts
man thats a great dealer giving detailed updates on ordered machines and being so upfront with the situation. hat goes of to chase toys (y)(y)

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
Or better yet the 850 Expedition I ordered turned in a 600R Expedition just overnight>>>>>😩
Or maybe the 600 Sport you ordered is now a 600R?

Who said it's always going to be a downgrade. ;)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Or maybe the 600 Sport you ordered is now a 600R?

Who said it's always going to be a downgrade. ;)
My daughters NEO plus is in, but it came with the 900Turbo instead of the 600EFI. It’s crazy heavy, and I’m concerned it won’t be a good fit for her now as she is 9 year old. What should I do?

221 - 240 of 291 Posts