Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my dealer is finally gonna reprogram it next week. I currently have an adjustable pin kit set at 18.6 grams, 200-350 spring, and 433 ramps. Driven has a 220-330 spring and a 47-34 helix. My buds 800 p-tek is totally stock, and I currently only beat him by about 4-6 sled lengths, short distance or long. I have all the tools including gram scale just need advice-starting point. THANKS

·
Registered
522 Posts
floor man said:
Okay, my dealer is finally gonna reprogram it next week. I currently have an adjustable pin kit set at 18.6 grams, 200-350 spring, and 433 ramps. Driven has a 220-330 spring and a 47-34 helix. My buds 800 p-tek is totally stock, and I currently only beat him by about 4-6 sled lengths, short distance or long. I have all the tools including gram scale just need advice-starting point. THANKS
[snapback]688896[/snapback]​
I have Bill Cudneys trail kit in mine and when I went from 06 to 05 mapping I didnt change anything and rpm remained the same.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
do your clutches get hot with the 200/350? I ran the same setup last season and mine got hot and was not that good. I switched to bondi's kit and they run cool and faster.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea the front clutch gets stupid hot. Thats one of the reasons I'm lookin for advice on other setups. I'm willin to buy a whole kit or just additional pieces to correct it. I have the plastic cover already removed, it gets so hot I have to let it cool about 15-20 minutes to adjust the clickers. This cant be good. Just my thoughts. any advice will help THANKS.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found the best results with '05 mapping and 1 degree advance stock ramps, pink, pink spring, 17 1/2 grams in the pins and stock helix and spring. Your buddies 800 will not be close. Mightbe close to 70 miles an hour. With this set up I went 117 miles on my GPS in slushy snow. I havent have had time to play with Bill's trail lake kit. Maybe this weekend. Clutches stayed fairly cool measured 110 with a heat gun.
Pray for snow.
First thing I would do is put your secondary clutch back to stock spring and helix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts