Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the hand warmer/thumb warmer switches supposed to be back lit or is this one of those only the premium sleds get this feature? Mine are not lit and this is pretty frustrating at night trying to adjust.

I know my 08 XP had the same issue "no back lit switches". The sockets were there in the switch housing just no bulbs? I wonder if this is the same thing this time and if the bulb part number is the same. Does anybody know?

I did not see this on the doo sites. Sorry if this has been beat to death already

·
Registered
537 Posts
I can doo mine with my eyes closed, practice makes perfect,, my thumb is always 1 bar but I am constantly playing with the hands, I normally ride with gauntlets so it becomes very intuitive after a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
My 2015 900 ACE Renegade Adrenaline does not have back lit heater switches. I don't know about the sockets. Parts diagram just shows hosing assembly, no detail on the switches.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I'll have to take it apart and see if the sockets are there and it just needs bulb likes on the XP sleds.

The X-pkg sleds are all back lit.....why not the adrenaline line? come on skidoo is it that hard to put these bulbs in?...... or better yet make a 900X then problem solved!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I can doo mine with my eyes closed, practice makes perfect,, my thumb is always 1 bar but I am constantly playing with the hands, I normally ride with gauntlets so it becomes very intuitive after a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk
My set up is exactly the same.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I guess I'll have to take it apart and see if the sockets are there and it just needs bulb likes on the XP sleds.

The X-pkg sleds are all back lit.....why not the adrenaline line? come on skidoo is it that hard to put these bulbs in?...... or better yet make a 900X then problem solved!
Let us know what you find when you get in there. I bet the wiring harness carries the power.

Sometimes these little features get a guy to buy up. I planned on getting a pretty basic sled so I did not know what little extras were possible. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It would be cool to have those switches lit up.

·
Registered
875 Posts
That's because it's a "premium" model.
My 14 900 adrenaline doesn't have them, but my friends 14 GSX does, as does my 16 Enduro.
I'm so used to not having them, I don't even pay attention.
The 2014 GSX does not come with or have an option for backlit buttons.

It would have to been added by the owner himself.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I swear there was discussion here on Dootalk about adding the backlights on earlier models.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The LEDs can be added to some of the sleds because the circuitry is there. There is just no bulbs there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yes, it can be done on earlier models as I have done both of mine. Just need to buy the bulbs and install them. I struggle with the search function but there are pictures and part numbers for the bulbs we used if you locate the thread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, it can be done on earlier models as I have done both of mine. Just need to buy the bulbs and install them. I struggle with the search function but there are pictures and part numbers for the bulbs we used if you locate the thread.
Yes - I know it was done on the XP models with the older switch housing, but I was curious if the new XS style switch housing uses the same bulbs. I can't find any info on new sleds, 2014 or newer. I have the bulb number and know where to get them for the older XP sleds.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I wonder if we can just swap out the switch housing? The housing is the same cost for a 2016 renegade and my 2016 2 up.

housing.JPG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts