Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ski Doo Blizzard was an actual snowmobile, not just a sticker, some shocks and a bar riser.

The new one is lame.
But that was when each model was different.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
doodman said:
The Ski Doo Blizzard was an actual snowmobile, not just a sticker, some shocks and a bar riser.

The new one is lame.
[snapback]745221[/snapback]​
Did you even read what the Blizzard has to offer? It's the most technological snowmobile BRP has ever produced.

Would you be happier if they replaced the HPG shocks with leaf springs, the rear skid with a couple steel posts, the 1.25" track with .75" lugs?

·
E-Tec Rules
33,590 Posts

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
500ss man said:
Back in my day a pack of hockey cards cost 25 cents and people like MTM were tard and feathered in the streets!

[snapback]755641[/snapback]​
haha, we all wish.............

sorry MTM, haha, lol

jus kiddin......

Andrew

·
Registered
941 Posts
The Blizzard has a lot to live up to. It was always a no frill hi performance package. Now the all look the same tho. 000_0128__Custom_.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
500ss man said:
Back in my day a pack of hockey cards cost 25 cents and people like MTM were tard and feathered in the streets!

[snapback]755641[/snapback]​
Wham! right outta nowhere!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
tughillterror said:
doodman said:

The new one is lame.
Did you even read what the Blizzard has to offer? It's the most technological snowmobile BRP has ever produced.

Would you be happier if they replaced the HPG shocks with leaf springs, the rear skid with a couple steel posts, the 1.25" track with .75" lugs?
[snapback]755619[/snapback]​
Exactly, I went from an '87 Enticer 340 in 2001 to a rev in '05. If I'd kept the ET any longer I would be electric wheelchair shopping

·
Registered
756 Posts
tughillterror said:
.75"?? mine only has .5" lugs

ih302 said:
Anyone ever see one of these in real life?

Some of the highlights include...

-29 hp Free air single
-23 inch ski stance (this may be a typo, I remember elans having 25 inch stance)
-boogies and leaves
-drum brake
-less then 300 #s soaking wet

Yep, progress is good.
[snapback]755788[/snapback]​
VintageElanGuy's
elan.JPG

Attachments

·
Vintage DOO lover
1,205 Posts
Imagine what that extra .25" would do for you LOL

Most of these guys have never ridden old sleds. I am not saying anyone specifically here that was poo-pooing old blizzards against the new one. But really, I honestly love old leaf sprung sleds. Sometimes you have to realise that technologically advanced isn't always good for everyone.

The 05-06 Mustangs are awesome street machines but I miss the days of pushrod engines, Holley carbs and a distributor (not with points LOL)

To each his own though, the new blizzard is a nice looking sled. If nothing else at least the graphics package will make it stand out. But to me these "snowmobiles" no longer look like anything at all like what I grew up with.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tughillterror said:
doodman said:

The new one is lame.

I don't care what it has to offer. The blizzard used to be a different model, not just some add ons.
jerk

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
tughillterror said:
The Elans were awesome. My uncle has one of the twin cyl. 250's, its a blast to ride in the pow pow.

[snapback]755808[/snapback]​
Not dissing the elans by any means. An '81 is what got me hooked, when I was 5 I thought I was riding a rocket. Forget them sissy minis, my kid is gonna have an elan too, which by the way was initially designed as a kids model.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts