Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Was told by an egt tech that the white wire with the green tracer was the tach output signal, the red wire with the yellow tracer was the 12 volt power supply and obviosly the black was the ground. My Egt' work fine but i can not get the tach part to work. These wires are acutually coming off of the speedo. they then go to the tach. I have a solar powered digital tach that looks like a little calculator, it is listed with a part # in the ski-doo race manual. I can't get a tach signal off any wire with it though on the tach or speedo harness. I can however get a signal from the white wire with the blue tracer off the ignition coil. what gives? anyone have any info on this? by the way i have an 05' 800 PT. I find it wierd that the ski-doo tach works fine but my avenger doesn't and that i can't find any signal with the digital hand held tach . it has a little roach clip looking thing that clips on the wires. thank you all fo your input.

·
Registered
90 Posts
real7362 said:
I Was told by an egt tech that the white wire with the green tracer was the tach output signal, the red wire with the yellow tracer was the 12 volt power supply and obviosly the black was the ground. My Egt' work fine but i can not get the tach part to work. These wires are acutually coming off of the speedo. they then go to the tach. I have a solar powered digital tach that looks like a little calculator, it is listed with a part # in the ski-doo race manual. I can't get a tach signal off any wire with it though on the tach or speedo harness. I can however get a signal from the white wire with the blue tracer off the ignition coil. what gives? anyone have any info on this? by the way i have an 05' 800 PT. I find it wierd that the ski-doo tach works fine but my avenger doesn't and that i can't find any signal with the digital hand held tach . it has a little roach clip looking thing that clips on the wires. thank you all fo your input.
[snapback]271790[/snapback]​
i asked same question no replys egt tech told me it needed 12 volt ac

·
Registered
969 Posts
real7362 said:
[snapback]271790[/snapback]​
If they are digitron's you need to program the tach to either 2,4,or 6 pole. I think mine was set at 4. You can set the tach to either pole and test with your tach. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried setting the poles to 2,4,&6. still couldn't get a tach reading on the racepak. Like i said befoer though i don't understand why i can't get an rpm signal with my calculator looking tach with the roach clip on any of the wires coming off of the tach or speedo. The only place i get a signal with it is off of the white wire whith the blue tracer coming off of the ignition with the plug wires. any ideas why?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts