Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not trying to be a prude, but does anyone else think some of the avatars and pics are getting a bit out of control? I know alot of people read this site from work, myself included. The way our internet policy is worded, I can use the internet for personal use, as long as i'm not looking at 'objectionable material'. Some of the avatars and pics I've seen lately come awefully close to meeting that description. If I wanted pr0n I'd go to thehun...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
[quote name='rampage' date='Feb 1 2006, 11:42 AM']
I'm not trying to be a prude,

just because you don't try to be something
doesn't mean your not

and stop wasting company time on the net
we are watching you

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
epoxykid said:
just because you don't try to be something
doesn't mean your not

and stop wasting company time on the net
we are watching you

[snapback]692059[/snapback]​
heheh, I'm getting my work done, worry about your own camp. Actually I work on web stuff, and I just set up a 'forum' website on our internal webserver. Technically this is 'research'

·
Former moderator, now just a regular old Dootalker
4,570 Posts
rampage said:
I'm not trying to be a prude, but does anyone else think some of the avatars and pics are getting a bit out of control? I know alot of people read this site from work, myself included. The way our internet policy is worded, I can use the internet for personal use, as long as i'm not looking at 'objectionable material'. Some of the avatars and pics I've seen lately come awefully close to meeting that description. If I wanted pr0n I'd go to thehun...
[snapback]692046[/snapback]​
I agree actually. I check this site all day long on and off during the day (at work). I am afraid for the day a coworker looks over at my computer and sees Jessica Alba (I think that's who it is?) gyrating against a pole, or the two girls making out...What if they think I bat for the other team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
MTM follower
2,592 Posts
If you don't want to view any avatars or sigs or what ever.
You can click on My controls where it says your logged on at the top.

Then on the left side of you control panel scroll down to where it says Options.
In that block you will see board settings. Click on that.

Then under Board display settings you can make your changes.
Don't forget to change your account options.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
skidoochick22 said:
rampage said:
I agree actually. I check this site all day long on and off during the day (at work). I am afraid for the day a coworker looks over at my computer and sees Jessica Alba (I think that's who it is?) gyrating against a pole, or the two girls making out...What if they think I bat for the other team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

[snapback]692079[/snapback]​
I also agree. That Jesica Alba has got to go! Two girls kissing ew! What about those bareass Canadian's going for beer now that's disturbing!

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Maybe we can start with Blinkies
Anyone got any Doo Blinkies?!

·
And...here.....we.....go.......
5,656 Posts

Craig and the crew are pretty good at monitoring this in accordance with the rules. I know because I am the king of the "canned" avatars.

I've had three that were deleted by the mods.

As far as I know, most things are okay if not TOO offensive. And.....most things are no worse than anything you'd see on a public beach. God knows they are no worse than some of the horrifying things you see on the nightly news.

But...for those of you who are new, DON'T use this avatar....it has a history of bad Karma.....

Jerry

Attachments

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
I have sooooooooo many blinkies

EDIT: Yes I am trying to stay away from any Sexual Requests

·
And...here.....we.....go.......
5,656 Posts
*FAN~GIRL* said:
I have sooooooooo many blinkies

EDIT: Yes I am trying to stay away from any Sexual Requests

[snapback]692151[/snapback]​
Me too......I get so many!!

Jerry

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Well then Better have this Blinkie

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
skidoochick22 said:
rampage said:

[snapback]692079[/snapback]​
I worry about that too! I scroll way over to the right of posts so you can't see the avitars, just the text of posts. I'm so worried someone's gonna glance over and see a chicks "edit for bad language" with handlebars strapped to her back, that's the worst one!

I always think if anybody at work ever saw some of those on my screen they'd think I was #1gay and #2 a total perv for looking at it at work! I didn't know you could turn off the avitars, good tip by carnage. Only at work though, I get a kick out them.
Although I haven't found a good one for myself!

·
Registered
683 Posts
cArNaGe said:
Think Snow

Right Trax?
[snapback]692112[/snapback]​
I think if you timed how long it took me to read each post - Carnage's posts would average 5 times longer than most. Then again, most of my time "reading" Carnage's post is not really spent reading

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.