Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at the resizing tutorial on here, and it did a good job of telling me how to resize pictures, but didn't explain how the kb's work.

For example, I resized a picture down to 169X129 (small enough to fit in my avatar) but my Kb's are 14.34 on it. How do I get my kb's down below 10K?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Depends on the software that you are using. In Paint Shop Pro, an image that size(169x129) is 10K.

Did you save it as a JPG file?

You can resize it a bit smaller, say 165 or 160 wide and you will knock the size down a lot.

for example, my avatar is 150x100 and its 10K

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zone 5 said:
Depends on the software that you are using. In Paint Shop Pro, an image that size(169x129) is 10K.

Did you save it as a JPG file?

You can resize it a bit smaller, say 165 or 160 wide and you will knock the size down a lot.

for example, my avatar is 150x100 and its 10K
[snapback]755144[/snapback]​
I'll try that, but yes it is a jpeg file.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I went through the same thing. If you take it off URL it had to be in pixels but if you took it off your computer it has to be smaller than 10 kbs. 10 wont work but 9.9 will. I had to ruin my picture to get it to work. Some how some guys are getting pretty good pics on their avatar.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
REVTHRED said:
Still didn't work, I don't know what I am doing to screw it up. I suck at computers!!!
Post it here, and I'll resize it and post it back smaller for you.

·
ammunta katselija
1,698 Posts
DRZAP said:
zone 5 When I clicked on the link I just gave you it does not work so I will keep trying. I can find it on "My Gallery" but thats it. Okay I figured it out Should be all set.
[snapback]756192[/snapback]​
Here you go

Attachments

·
Level 4 Illuminati / NWO whistleblower
1,745 Posts
you just need to lower your jpg compression quality.
If you use irfanview (nice and FREE) when you save your image using "save as" it prompts you to specify your jpg compression quality.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,781 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts