Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
If you can get at the starter solenoid that's a good place, it's not easily accessible though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Where did you pull power for your reverse lights, off the power outlet? I am in the process of building a box for my 10' SWT and am putting back up lights on it. Did you use the shift lever switch for the back up alarm (at tranny) as your switch power for the solenoid controlling lights?

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Get me started, where abouts would the starter solenoid be located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Down below the fuse/relay box, you won't see until you start stripping stuff off.

Reactions: LabradorBoy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually thought of that last night while lying in bed, just take it off the high beam, going to try that out tonight after work

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Not all the Yeti II machines have the DC switch on the handlebars. But it's in the wiring harness under the hood if you want to add your own switch or just jumper the connection for the rear outlet.

Same goes for the front. I'd run wire the LED lights to the existing and unused horn circuit. Same as above, the pigtail is already in the wiring harness, just add a switch to the control side and cut off the plug and wire your lights to the chassis side. It has it's own fuse and everything, I think BRP even shipped the fuse box with a fuse in it.

Again, all this sort of electrical info is well covered in the Skandic/Expy FAQ section, lot's of details to fins these circuits and do it cleanly/properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive read through the posts about it all but i can not find the wires used for the horn circuit, i tested the wires i found where described in the post but no power going to them

·
7,720 Posts
Ive read through the posts about it all but i can not find the wires used for the horn circuit, i tested the wires i found where described in the post but no power going to them

No power goes to the front wires [the horn] until the switch is closed up by the handlebars [the button to turn the horn on]

I forgot that the V800 had the horn circuit too...

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
On the Yeti II the horn plug should be up in the front left of the tub (by the front corner of the airbox on the V-800s), a good spot to extend from there to LEDs.

Make sure the horn fuse is installed in the fuse box.

There will be an HB1 and HB2 tabbed wires hanging out of the wiring harness somewhere near the handlebars or steering column. I don't remember where exactly on those machines. Follow the wire bundles up the steering column to the start/rer housing. Somewhere in there is those two wire stubs, probably zip tied up in a little bundle.

Unless you already have the horn button as mentioned above, then the wires are already connected. You probably want a switch rather than a button, so trace the wires back to the main harness, cut, and extend to a switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for the help, much appreciated, never knew about this site until last week and its probably the most help ive found.

Got the power for front light figured out so tomorrow night ill have it all done, thanks again folks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts