Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a REV on the trail this past weekend that had a "AUTOMETER" Pyrometer (EGT) for a single pipe set up on his sled. Has anyone on DOOTALK ever tried one?? It looked real clean on the dash, said it was less than $100 for the sensor and gauge. He also had a matching head temp guage on the sled.

·
Registered
566 Posts
SKI_POOP said:
Saw a REV on the trail this past weekend that had a "AUTOMETER" Pyrometer (EGT) for a single pipe set up on his sled. Has anyone on DOOTALK ever tried one?? It looked real clean on the dash, said it was less than $100 for the sensor and gauge. He also had a matching head temp guage on the sled.
[snapback]297519[/snapback]​
Check with TT670 if he doesn't reply to this thread. I'm pretty sure he's got exactly the same thing on his sled. I'd like to get the info on exactly the part numbers of what you need to do this. Autometer makes a bazillion gauges.

Jon
'03 Rev 600 Sport

·
Registered
374 Posts
ttt I am looking into something not real bulky myself poss the avenger 1 that will fit the dash hole

·
Registered
253 Posts
Autometer gauges are for automotive application. While they will work 100% they are not sealed to level they should be for a snowmobile. You might have trouble with them fogging up. Kinda like the OEM gauges.

After Thought: They would look hot in the OEM spaces for temp and gas.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Im using the autometer ultralight series EGT on my sled and it works great, $119 complete with probe from summit racing, have a matching coolant temp gauge too $35..no fogging. The only drawback is that the EGT is a single probe gauge. Put a pait of 194R bulbs in them for backlighting and they match the oems very good, day and night.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i am running a pyro 2001 set up for 2 years and it is very dependable , plus it fits in my zx chassis like it came from the factory . this gauge has alot of features to it and is easy to read at night . this gauge saved my motor and is well worth the money . a must for high speed running , i love the recall setting after drag racing she will record the highest egt after the race .. good luck !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts