Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the areas we could go to if you want to do some climbing and if the weather is decent. Its not for the faint of heart but very fun.

Warning they're big

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blair, Its hard to get action shots of hill climbs and such when your sitting at the bottom ( no where up top to sit and stop really). But you flat landers dont understand any of that anyway

DJB, This would be cascade concrete yes.

Ryan, I have the pictures hosted to another site, simply copy and paste with the right image tags and there you have it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
sweet pics. looks familiar.

agreed, hard for photo's to do justice of climbs.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
phatboyfilms said:
sweet pics. looks familiar.

agreed, hard for photo's to do justice of climbs.
[snapback]750061[/snapback]​
Now who was the DooTalker up there on saturday? I saw a guy ride by my group on his summit with a doo talk sticker but didn't have chance to talk to him at all.

BTW for anyone in the washington, this is the Van Epps area.

·
Registered
132 Posts
smitty, this is the area i was talking to you about.....that no one goes to......except everyone in cle elum..

1fast - unfortunately that was not me, was in n. idaho riding rock hard sno

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
First of all, I've got to get the helmet cam ready for that ride! Hope the weather and snow conditions will hold out for us.

By the way, you're raiseing the bar and my expectations. If it's really that good a week from Sat, could be a annual thing. I thought Cle Elum was a good central spot we could all meet. Holy frigg'n cow batman!! Let me at 'er!!

G

·
Bring yer sack buddy, yer gunna need it!!!!
Yea haw, another ride. Might have a few others join us if that is not a problem?
Got a 166 poo that wants to come and play, and he can ride!
Smitty

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
djb said:
Hey Smitty, Gman.........is this the cascade concrete you were talking about?
[snapback]749326[/snapback]​
Was worse than that today (just got back) - very hard pack with some wet on top. Man I am spoiled now after that Sicamous ride. I'm becoming a real snow snob! Sure can climb on that snow tho as my sled didn't sink more than a couple inches all day! In conditions like this who needs a Summit??? LOL

Cheers,

G MAN

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ttabs,
Now dont get your expectations up too high, i would hate to dissapoint, My riding is a dissapointment but what else is new. I'll show you guys how to get a sled STUCK on the 18th
hopefully the weather will be on our side.

I think there might be 2 or 3 of us (including me in my group) So whats the count up to now as far as number of riders? The Earlier we get up there the better it will likely be. If we go to Van Epps (where the pics are) the trail is beat up either way but getting to the bowls first is a big bonus.

Also If you guys want we can also ride sunday morning before everyone has to head home We can do an easy cruise around or head for the steep and deep again. We'll have to play it as she goes.

-Dustin

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Don't want to get my hopes too high either ..... I just want to make everyone else on this forum a little jealous.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Phatboy's joined the party. Sounds like we're going to meet at the Safeway in Cle Elum about 9am. There folks can top off their sleds and get their gut rot for their muff pots also.

Still work'n on accomodations which should be no big deal. I'm planning on some great footage if the sun even remotely comes out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ttabs said:
Phatboy's joined the party. Sounds like we're going to meet at the Safeway in Cle Elum about 9am. There folks can top off their sleds and get their gut rot for their muff pots also.

Still work'n on accomodations which should be no big deal. I'm planning on some great footage if the sun even remotely comes out.
[snapback]754085[/snapback]​
Oh And if anyone needs to make accomidations to stay the night, the Snow Cap Lodge ( Best Western ) is right next to the Safeway.

·
Registered
132 Posts
went sat. talk about POW..... 2-3' of light fluffy POW...got no where but had a blast until......5' from the highmark......she died. maybe riding a poo this wkend unless i get lucky, is that allowed on doo rides????? it will give everyone someone to pick on anyway

i believe getting more sno this week. should be insane if weather holds!!

i am assuming everyone has beacons, if not let me know & i will bring a few extra, better safe then...

anyone know a good place to get cylinder renicasiled(sure i spelld that one wrong)?

G

·
phatboyfilms said:
went sat. talk about POW..... 2-3' of light fluffy POW...got no where but had a blast until......5' from the highmark......she died. maybe riding a poo this wkend unless i get lucky, is that allowed on doo rides????? it will give everyone someone to pick on anyway

i believe getting more sno this week. should be insane if weather holds!!

i am assuming everyone has beacons, if not let me know & i will bring a few extra, better safe then...

anyone know a good place to get cylinder renicasiled(sure i spelld that one wrong)?

[snapback]759220[/snapback]​
I think if you need to re-plate your jugs, you will be riding a Poo this weekend!
That sucks! But yes, they will be allowed this time!
What happened anyway's?
Lookin' to put smoe more goodies in the Summit this week, it will be a surprize! Not really, but 'ya never know!
We went yesterday, talk about Snow Snobs now! Had about an another 1-2' of new, but nothing compared to what we played in at Sicamous!
See Ya'll Saturday,
Smitty

·
Registered
132 Posts
smittys800 said:
What happened anyway's?
[snapback]759290[/snapback]​
i'm a retard

1 - 20 of 85 Posts