Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i ride the trails i have chunks of ice snow hitting my helmet and flying past me when i go hard into a corner. also in the powder it throws tons of snow on the seat and storage area. i did mod the back part of the tunnel with a peice of old running board off a poo, have not had a chance to try it since mod, if you have expierenced this and would like to see what i did let me know and i will try to post pics

·
Registered
169 Posts
Happened to me last spring when snow was slushy and granular. Also my "edit for bad language" and back got soaked. Not as bad when riding trails in normal snow conditions. Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Red Gader said:
Happened to me last spring when snow was slushy and granular. Also my "edit for bad language" and back got soaked. Not as bad when riding trails in normal snow conditions. Can't wait to see pics.
[snapback]688767[/snapback]​
heres the pic Gater

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
every once in a while i see a few chunks go flying past me, and im thinking *%@ isnt it supposed to go the other way??

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
irREVerent said:
Easy Rider said:
Happens to me all the time....no fear of falling asleep!
[snapback]688770[/snapback]​
Exactly...me, too. Not serious enough to try and "fix" it.
[snapback]689720[/snapback]​
when riding in powder 2 feet plus is were the biggest benifit will be for me. Won't get my arse as wet anymore i'm going out west in a week or so. hope it helps, we will find out soon!

·
Backcountry Shredder
1,235 Posts
hahahaha....that is funny, because I noticed that too and sometimes laugh when some chunks hit me or I see them fly out in front of me.

That mod looks great.

·
Registered
46 Posts
CATEATER, that is exactly what the reason is. The slightly wider track is throwing stuff up. Check out the distance between the rear idler wheel and the edge of the track. That extra inch makes a big diference when chunks of things get rolled around in there and spit out. My wife and I both ride '05's, and hers is a regular MXZ. I never notice this on her sled, but have seen it flying up while watching mine being ridden.

Cheers,

Dale

·
Registered
42 Posts
DITTO

Rode up in Northern Minnesota this past weekend, noticed chunks flying by me when I went into the corners.
I was wondering if it was the backshifting of the new clutch I just installed?

I am going to start a new question-post...But

I seem to be spinning my track on take off when I hit it.
It spins for awhile then seems to grab?

Other than adding studs....2005 600 SDI Gade(piped and clutched)

How can I get this machine to grab? I have my coupling block on 1(narrow)

Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CATEATER_REV said:
I like your mod. I think that it is going to work. I believe that it is mainly because of the wider track. That would be my guess.

Nice mod...
Ryan
[snapback]690110[/snapback]​
Hey Ryan thats definatly part of it. where i filled in that gap beteen the rear bumper and where the running board takes that sharp angle to the tunnel it is a straight shot right down the side of the sled, as the track comes around the paddles act like little shovels pitching the powder all over the back running boards, seat and rear storage area. i don't think the mountain sleds have a problem because the rear idlers are so far back that the snow monster doesn't make it to the seat or the boards. I know your going to get snow on the boaeds, seat ect. but no sence in shoveling more on if you can prevent it. thanks for all the replys i'll let ya know if it is worth the effort as i will be riding with doo member STORM who has the same sled, i'll get the side by side comparison by the way it toulk about 4 hrs and a couple sections of junk tunnel that was lying around

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 45900 View attachment 45900
MotionMan said:
It is from the wide track, I have snow balls pass my head also. That and the length but I bet the 16" wide track is to blame.
[snapback]690731[/snapback]​
Hey if you want to keep the snow under the sled check out what I have on EBAY. Type in Ski-doo REV SNOWGUARDS. They work great and are reasonably cheap! I will try to post a picture.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hoser said:
View attachment 45900 View attachment 45900
MotionMan said:
It is from the wide track, I have snow balls pass my head also. That and the length but I bet the 16" wide track is to blame.
[snapback]690731[/snapback]​
Hey if you want to keep the snow under the sled check out what I have on EBAY. Type in Ski-doo REV SNOWGUARDS. They work great and are reasonably cheap! I will try to post a picture.
[snapback]690770[/snapback]​
could not find on ebay, but i would like to see them

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
renegade8 said:
when i ride the trails i have chunks of ice snow hitting my helmet and
[snapback]688497[/snapback]​
I have had that happen only twice in 230 miles.
I Have had a 1/4 inch stone hit me right what would have been between my eyes if my visor was up - it was spit up by a Cat coming from the other direction!! and there was at least 6 inches if notmore of snow! where the Cat got the stone from I cannot figure it out! But the Cat kept it for the Doo!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.