Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received info from Algonquin Snowmobile Club. Unfortunately they had to close D101B from the ASC shelter to trail 74.

This is a direct result of a landowner and Bill 100. This is sad news and greatly affects running from Dorset to the Dwight area.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just received info from Algonquin Snowmobile Club. Unfortunately they had to close D101B from the ASC shelter to trail 74.

This is a direct result of a landowner and Bill 100. This is sad news and greatly affects running from Dorset to the Dwight area.
This does suck, but there is a fairly easy reroute tho.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I heard rumblings the land owner was out telling sledders to get off his property today.....

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I'm sure many were out and had no idea, the trail has been open for weeks minus a short shutdown due to weather. Was the gate closed?

There aren't enough words I could share with this ignorant pos

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Late this afternoon gate was open. Some made it from Oxtongue to the shelter with no problems. Yellow caution tape was up at the 74 and d 101b intersection

·
Registered
315 Posts
in think he's being facetious... the lake is the only viable reroute now and its not safe enought to stake. There is the old trail off what is now 65 which had a spur that goes down the side of 60.
No, I'm not. On a regular year the lake is shorter anyways. I'd head up 35 for a couple K if I had to, but I know there is an easier reroute.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Helped club members with our quest to break a new trail today. A good portion of new trail may be on a nice logging road. Smaller portion needs to have some brushing done and and a few trees taken down. With any luck hopefully trail will be open for next weekend. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
799 Posts
Helped club members with our quest to break a new trail today. A good portion of new trail may be on a nice logging road. Smaller portion needs to have some brushing done and and a few trees taken down. With any luck hopefully trail will be open for next weekend. Fingers crossed...

great news! Thanks for helping out

·
ride hard or die trying
7,800 Posts
I heard rumblings the land owner was out telling sledders to get off his property today.....

Well if it his property and guy were riding on it that will make him more mad.. I was at d101 and 65 today and there was nothing about the trail being closed.

The club should of posted At the road trail closed ahead no threw to Dwight

After the 101/65 intersection heading north there was no comnecting trails

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As a nice gesture I posted the trail closure on here for people like you Wileo. Myself, others and the club are working hard , in rather cold temperatures in attempt to rectify the situation for sledders like you Wileo, and others, before the season ends...and all you can do is complain???

·
Registered
862 Posts
As a nice gesture I posted the trail closure on here for people like you Wileo. Myself, others and the club are working hard , in rather cold temperatures in attempt to rectify the situation for sledders like you Wileo, and others, before the season ends...and all you can do is complain???

I think all he is saying is, people were still travelling that route without signage at the trail, so they had no idea it was closed.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I think all he is saying is, people were still travelling that route without signage at the trail, so they had no idea it was closed.
frankly if this landowner wants to shut down the trail in the middle of winter for no apparent reason right before the Dwight carnival and tall lines poker run. He can put up the sign himself. It's his property after all...

·
ride hard or die trying
7,800 Posts
Thanks that's all I was saying at least someone understands

This club has the correct idea instead of no markings and groomed trail

Attachments

·
ride hard or die trying
7,800 Posts

I was saying put a sign up at 101 and south 65 saying trail closed for the rest of the world that's not on Dootalk to know the trail is closed. And don't upset the landowner

We lost trail down in baysville also this week. It's posted trail closed fallow road to trail.

65 south runs up to 66 and 64 which are open and great today

The top part of 65 is closed with runs back to d101

So why even have the part d101b from 65 north or 65 south show open its creating a dead end witch people to go no where

On another note I hope no one was seriously hurt in the crash just outside of Dorset today.

They were taken out on back boards

1 - 20 of 40 Posts