Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Gade600 said:
does anybody know how much snow they got last night
[snapback]692854[/snapback]​
I don't know how much snow they received last night but I am sure they have plenty to ride. I had a few buddies that rode there last weekend and they said that the trails weren't in too bad of shape. I always like to call a hotel or gas station in the area to find out snow and trail conditions first hand.

·
ammunta katselija
1,698 Posts
Gade600 said:
The ash river area said they got 2.75" last night and tomorrow they are supposed to get a little more. Be careful who you call up there some resorts flat out lie to get you there. Melgeorges have always told it like it is. Ash trail lodge is good too.
http://www.snowmobilevacation.com/trail_co...ions/index.html they are full of crap most of the time. If you are going to ride up by the falls the ride the border page is good for accurate trails descriptions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Silver Bay and Finland area got 2-3 inches last night. DNR groomers were out last night on the State Trail around Finland. Plenty of snow for the trails but also a ton of people on the weekends......Mid week is the best rideif you are up here.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i go up tofte and silver bay and finland a lot during the winter, proably 10 times a year, its always been excellent riding, looking to do some swamp/offroad riding in the finland state forest this weekend

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was up their last Thurs,Fri and Sat. Their was more than enough snow up in the Grand Marais area. The state trail was fine all the way down to Two Harbors, but some of the trails going into town were in bad shape.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Gade600 said:
go to www.wildhurstlodge.com the lodge is located in finland you will find a trail report on this web site or you can call leroy(the owner and full of lots of info) he will tell it like it is! also i got the same trail report from grand marais that teamscream did but from a different source!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.