Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Grip N rip. I get them in November with there Black Friday or cyber Monday sale. You want yamaha brand ones as Dupont inserts go all way down them. The BRP ones dont go all way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
would you have a pic to show this ?

are the prices similar ?

can a person just buy the Yamaha ones and router out the inside to fit the doo , if they do indeed have more vespel inserts ?

Thanks

·
E-Tec Rules
33,363 Posts

are the prices similar ?

can a person just buy the Yamaha ones and router out the inside to fit the doo , if they do indeed have more vespel inserts ?

Thanks
Yamaha ones fit with no modifications. BRP ones that have same number of inserts are ones for longer tracks like summits and are $20 more than Yamaha ones. $10 more each one as sold individual.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

are the prices similar ?

Thanks
My Ski Doo dealer actually sells the Yamaha ones. They must know. The Yamaha ones fit right in the R-motion skid.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Duponts worth the money? Value can be measured in more than one way. If you ride in perfect snow conditions all season long, then OEM will work fine. Most of us ride in ever changing conditions due to weather, trail closures, etc. My OEM sliders lasted only 750 kms. I purchased the long version, re-drilled the front mount hole to be closer to the first insert, then cut them to length for my skid. I have inserts all the way to the rear. I have peace of mind when trail conditions go in the toilet, or I have to do some road running. That peace of mind has value. I now have almost 8000 kms on them with minimal wear. If you do multi day saddle bag trips, the Duponts give you confidence when you're a long way from home, or a dealership. They are expensive, but in my opinion are worth it. Most people, once they get past the sting of the purchase price, and use them, have a positive opinion of them. Fun fact......my Dupont sliders have lasted longer than my engine! Lol.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well worth the money. I first purchased them in 2017 for my 850 ran them 2650 mile then put them on my 2018 850 ran them for 3400 miles then put them on my 2019 900t app 2900 miles then put them on my 2020.5 850 XRS app 2300 miles and then on to my 2021 900T X for another 2487 miles and sold sled with them on it .they were still in great condition with over 14000miles on them. I believe they would go at least another 5000 miles easy and all the miles i have put on have not been easy , good snow,no snow ,ice ,dirt, crushed rock, black top and even on a mud road. I will be putting a new set of Vespel on my new sled when it come and save the orignals for when i sell it like i have done for years

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yamaha ones fit with no modifications. BRP ones that have same number of inserts are ones for longer tracks like summits and are $20 more than Yamaha ones. $10 more each one as sold individual.

So the one's from Yamaha have the same amount of dupont in them as the BRP one's? And is it in the same place on them?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts