Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know--not another can thread. I'm hoping I'm on to something here. Losing a little weight always helps but I'm also looking for easier access to that pesky chain case.

I know all about the loud cans. There all over You Tube. One only needs to hear a few seconds of those "chain saw screamers" to rule it out. That makes narrowing the list down pretty easy. Even the cans that are supposed to be trail friendly seem a little twangy when they hit that eight grand mark.

If anyone has one of these mufflers on their XP I sure would like to get your input. Even if someone in you group has one, would like to hear about it. Again this is the one they call their "Lightweight Muffler" not the one they call their "Powder Light Muffler". That Powder Light is just another ringer.

In this clip the guy probably only takes it up to 5 grand but it does sound promising:

Here's the BMP I'm talking about:

http://www.bikemanperformance.com/products...2ef24c628cb87a8

Please, I don't need to hear about the Rumble Packs, Ultra Q's, MBRP's or Things. Even the SPI's and Carbon cans are supposed to be "quieter" but they are a little louder than I would like. I've got the SPI header and can on my 1200 but that 4 stroke is a whole different animal.

·
Registered
2022 MXZX 850 Black
637 Posts
I know, I know--not another can thread. I'm hoping I'm on to something here. Losing a little weight always helps but I'm also looking for easier access to that pesky chain case.

I know all about the loud cans. There all over You Tube. One only needs to hear a few seconds of those "chain saw screamers" to rule it out. That makes narrowing the list down pretty easy. Even the cans that are supposed to be trail friendly seem a little twangy when they hit that eight grand mark.

If anyone has one of these mufflers on their XP I sure would like to get your input. Even if someone in you group has one, would like to hear about it. Again this is the one they call their "Lightweight Muffler" not the one they call their "Powder Light Muffler". That Powder Light is just another ringer.

In this clip the guy probably only takes it up to 5 grand but it does sound promising:

Here's the BMP I'm talking about:

http://www.bikemanperformance.com/products...2ef24c628cb87a8

Please, I don't need to hear about the Rumble Packs, Ultra Q's, MBRP's or Things. Even the SPI's and Carbon cans are supposed to be "quieter" but they are a little louder than I would like. I've got the SPI header and can on my 1200 but that 4 stroke is a whole different animal.
I really like that. Something a little better sounding and isn't obnoxious. I would also like to know if anyone has tried that.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Have had a chance to test these Mufflers
They are the real deal.
Nice weight reduction.
Didnt give anything back HP wise.
One of very few that dont.
Nice tone.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bikeman does have their own ebay store and the stuff on ebay is cheaper than on their site store. Their ebay store doesn't have what I want. It might just be for their "Clearance" items.

Bikeman is a sponsor as well as KJ Motorsports---mufflers are the same price on both sites.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have one on my sled along with a Dyno Port Y pipe and Main Pipe. The BMP can keeps the sled at a real nice just above stock rumble and has a really really nice tone to it in the higher RPMS. It did not make any more power than stock but did not lose anything and actuaklly brought the Peak HP numbers up about 100 RPM. I love this can and works very well for what I wanted. Losing the pesky "suitcase" and keeping it almost stock quiet. I did have a J&T on before this and liked the sound but just was too loud after a long day and fatiguing. Hope this helps.

Kris

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Kris, all replies are welcome. This muffler is gaining points all the time with me.

Barry, did he happen to say why he was selling it? If it was something detrimental to the muffler, I would like to know. Any pros or cons.

thanks guys

·
Registered
514 Posts
Finally a can thread that somebody can actually use. I would say the majority do not want a loud can. If I could get close to stock sound levels without the weight I would be in line to buy one. I hope this is the one and how long before one will be out for the 800 E-Tek? Like the O/P said please don't screw this thread up with loud can opinions. CJ

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Finally a can thread that somebody can actually use. I would say the majority do not want a loud can. If I could get close to stock sound levels without the weight I would be in line to buy one. I hope this is the one and how long before one will be out for the 800 E-Tek? Like the O/P said please don't screw this thread up with loud can opinions. CJ
X2!!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
i've noticed that all cans are generally quieter in the XP chassis. The CPI twin stinger on our '06 800 absolutely screams, so I purchased one for my XP and it isn't even close to the same sound as the older REV. Noticed this with MBRP and HPS also.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
i ran a bmp lightweight muffler on my rev 800ho for while it was fairly quiet and has a nice tone, not overly loud at all, theres this one i ran for about a month or so it was a ppp i think was the company that can was nice also, better tone then bmp and not much louder and seemed to get me alittle at 6-8k

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
IMA TELL YOU something. I hate the plps who put cans and actually think there sled is fast and strong.. and when they go ride the skis touch the ground and they dont jump or nothing. you know..

Me, I got a J* LOUDEST can on the market I can tell you..My sled wheelies and Its been well over 2 a arms a nun and a set of bars so im not trail rider.. anyways just saying a can has its thing..and I never trail ride since its gay and hate going slow doing nothing. I ride in fields where the trail passes trough a house but that is my uncles house so hes never there and he doesnt mind because his summit has a mbrp on it
so if cops wanna arrest em well my uncle will close the trail! W00t!

OKAY as for now, that bmp muffler looks nice on idle so id say its okay to use

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This post was just as informative as the last. If this thread starts going that direction---Moderators, just shut it down. Sorry guys, I thought I was on to something. Thanks to those who did contribute!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts

This post was just as informative as the last. If this thread starts going that direction---Moderators, just shut it down. Sorry guys, I thought I was on to something. Thanks to those who did contribute!!!!!!!!!
I hear you, but just remember it's a web site with people commenting from the ages of 15 to 65 , your going to get the trash talk from the youth (we were all there at one time) and the "You gearheads drive too fast" from the oldsters, and all different maturity levels at any age, what are you going to do? I live in the country but on a single lane highway, Harley's go by with straight pipes and rattle my windows, yet they never get pulled over. Nobody likes the sound of a stock sled, ADMIT IT,but we know the outcome of making them too loud and we ride in the winter, when everybody has there windows closed!!

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
75,267 Posts
Now that I'm older I kinda like the sound of my stockness! But, would also LOVE to lose the "suitcase" if there were something just as quiet but less massive to replace it.

I hope to see/hear more on this replacement muffler with it's near stock decibel levels.

Finally someone maybe listening, and without the need of ear plugs.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
IMA TELL YOU something. I hate the plps who put cans and actually think there sled is fast and strong.. and when they go ride the skis touch the ground and they dont jump or nothing. you know..

Me, I got a J* LOUDEST can on the market I can tell you..My sled wheelies and Its been well over 2 a arms a nun and a set of bars so im not trail rider.. anyways just saying a can has its thing..and I never trail ride since its gay and hate going slow doing nothing. I ride in fields where the trail passes trough a house but that is my uncles house so hes never there and he doesnt mind because his summit has a mbrp on it
so if cops wanna arrest em well my uncle will close the trail! W00t!

OKAY as for now, that bmp muffler looks nice on idle so id say its okay to use
Just curious..........are you older than 12 years old?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts