Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
i dunno man, I got the race pipes and they are darn loud. like with a helmet on its ok, but if you don't have one, when I rev it up it sounds like the words comming to an end..

·
Registered
278 Posts
Rev07 said:
i dunno man, I got the race pipes and they are darn loud. like with a helmet on its ok, but if you don't have one, when I rev it up it sounds like the words comming to an end..
[snapback]737796[/snapback]​
All hell has broken loose and the world is coming to an end NOW! Thats what they sound like in the woods, WAYYYY too loud on trail. My mod was louder 2 miles away than most sleds 30ft away. You can scare the crap out of so many people its not even funny.

·
Registered
57 Posts
cottagecreep said:
Rev07 said:
[snapback]737796[/snapback]​
All hell has broken loose and the world is coming to an end NOW! Thats what they sound like in the woods, WAYYYY too loud on trail. My mod was louder 2 miles away than most sleds 30ft away. You can scare the crap out of so many people its not even funny.
[snapback]738259[/snapback]​
Thats what I like about them, you see cross country skiers getting off of the trail from a 1/2 a mile away! I love my pipes, and i'm keepin em. Besides, that way my wife can keep up with me. And, they turn alot of heads.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have them and they are really loud, but I like it. Plus I didn't want to detune my sled to the point that it would be just be like everyone elses 800. The first trip out not 2 miles from the parking lot I had to drive past 2 NY cops that were on sleds looking for registration. There was absolutly no way to keep quite being that the clutch engagement is 5500 rpms. They just stood there and stared looking for stickers, and luckly they did not follow us.

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
kep said:
I have them and they are really loud, but I like it. Plus I didn't want to detune my sled to the point that it would be just be like everyone elses 800. The first trip out not 2 miles from the parking lot I had to drive past 2 NY cops that were on sleds looking for registration. There was absolutly no way to keep quite being that the clutch engagement is 5500 rpms. They just stood there and stared looking for stickers, and luckly they did not follow us.
[snapback]739301[/snapback]​
lucky

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
NY cops can be retarded when it comes to exhaust, I know of ppl who have gotten tickets for a dynoport silencer being too loud, and in my opinion they aren't too loud, so watch out if u leave them on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.