Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching there video on the sled looks like a cool ride
I wonder how guys would ever ride that single beam skid on the trail????‍♂
I had a alpha in the shop last year and had to test ride it it felt like a monster truck with 2 flat tires . It would sway like mad . I guess if your buying the R-X you maybe not riding trails .
It will be a fun of trail sled but I just don't know that that segment of the industry this is the right choice for cat ?

·
Registered
594 Posts
What exactly are you getting at here?
Last year you test rode a mountain sled on a trail and didn't like it. Are you surprised? Cause I'm not.
Are you asking if the Riot X, another mountain/backcountry sled, is going to be good on trails?

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,819 Posts
I’m sure a lot of idiots will buy them to trail ride. Honestly I think the manufacturers could turn out some pretty goofy stuff and call it a crossover and guys will buy it right now. The market for crossover sleds is crazy right now.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What exactly are you getting at here?
Last year you test rode a mountain sled on a trail and didn't like it. Are you surprised? Cause I'm not.
Are you asking if the Riot X, another mountain/backcountry sled, is going to be good on trails?
wow touchy subject right here . Simply wondering how you get it to the of trail spots is it rideable or do you get it to backcountry with a helli. So you know I did not ride a alpha on the trail it was in fresh snow on flat ground and it rode awful.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Probably get it there the same way most mountain riders get their sled to the mountains. Deal with it on the trail and enjoy it in the deep stuff. :shrug

·
Registered
594 Posts
wow touchy subject right here . Simply wondering how you get it to the of trail spots is it rideable or do you get it to backcountry with a helli. So you know I did not ride a alpha on the trail it was in fresh snow on flat ground and it rode awful.
Not touchy at all. Go back and read what you wrote. It sure sounds more like bashing a competitors machine than anything else and those topics are just getting old.
Please point out to me where in your first post you ask how to get a mountain/backcountry sled to an off trail location.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not touchy at all. Go back and read what you wrote. It sure sounds more like bashing a competitors machine than anything else and those topics are just getting old.
Please point out to me where in your first post you ask how to get a mountain/backcountry sled to an off trail location.
well I give you a little information on myself. I have a repair shop and run 100 or so sleds a year through and ride ever sled imaginable. If you look I say it's a cool sled . If your a Arctic Cat guy or guys that's fine lots of doo bashing over on arctic chat to me the riot would be a great crossover sled I just don't think that riot x has a place in the x over segment.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I still don't think the RIOT X is meant as a standard crossover, the RIOT is. So yes you are correct, it doesn't do the Crossover thing as well because, well, it's really not designed too.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
From an engineering standpoint this thing looks very scary. No room whatsoever for failure. I see lots of potential issues.

From a cool perspective this thing is wicked cool. LOL

I hope it all works out for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
So op what is your point? Im struggling to find it here, im sure people swear you cant ride a mountain sled on the trails, but here i am putting on a 75 mile loop to go for a ride with my folks on a 155 rmk at the narrowest setting. You simply have to ride differently to make up for the fact its not a trail sled.

As far as the riot x goes, its still a wide width crossover sled, with a 40" ski stance, that in itself will make it slightly more stable than the factory cat narrow mountain width. That sled is definitely designed for a rider like those that ride in the yoop that wants something fun and playful, that might ride a few trails here and there. Anything is a crossover if you want it to be.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
I have a friend riding a Riot X8000 and he seems to love the thing. Sure runs clean vs the old 800 Suzuki motor.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually got to ride one yesterday I’m in Nova Scotia riding in my old stomping grounds. A guy I grew up with has one man that c tec 800 rips arse

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The Riot is in my top 4 picks. I have 3 weeks to decide.

MXZ XRS
Renegade XRS
Switchback Assault
Riot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
How did you expect it to ride?
What does awful mean to you?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Actually got to ride one yesterday I'm in Nova Scotia riding in my old stomping grounds. A guy I grew up with has one man that c tec 800 rips arse
Interesting comment from you Leel, hope it's not sarcasm. What could you compare it to? How about the clutching?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It’s a riot to ride . Very fun to ride more stable going down the old rail beds

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm sure a lot of idiots will buy them to trail ride. Honestly I think the manufacturers could turn out some pretty goofy stuff and call it a crossover and guys will buy it right now. The market for crossover sleds is crazy right now.
That's what is causing trail closures. People buy these crossovers and then leave the marked trails to use them. Don't buy crossover sleds if you don't have authorized areas to use them!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts