Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
2024 Ski-Doo Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo RR REV Gen5 (wide-design) with Competition Package
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I hope it is awesome and puts some heat on BRP and Polaris. Competition is great for consumers. I personally feel like BRP is a bit too cocky right now and hope this new Cat platform is the real deal.

Is the Yamaha partnership still in play? Will this new platform come in Yamaha varieties?

As I have said before - I like all snowmobiles and the more competition, the better.

Does anyone have any inside knowledge?

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
If I had to guess this platform is an EV snowmobile using that tech.

Beat skidoo to market they will call it REV 1st GenE.
It would be doubtful if the return on investment (volume case) would justify the investment, as we are probably talking only a few hundred units per year.

Reactions: origYeti

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Of note, the announcement stated all new 2024 models will be 2-strokes. Makes me wonder if the TextCat / Yamaha agreement end after model year 2023.

Reactions: Tundra J

·
Registered
91 Plus, 93 Mach 1 and 97 Mach Z.
1,917 Posts
I think a lot of people would laugh all the way to the Arctic Cat dealer if they managed to beat BRP to the table with a proper EV snowmobile…What are all of the patent feud threads on here going to discuss then…?

On the other hand, somebody said they already leaked info it will definitely be a two stroker…so…I smell triple…!

How cool would that be…? And it makes sense, too. Offer something that BRP and Poo don’t offer and gain market share…I know a lot of guys that would jump straight at something like that.

1 - 20 of 350 Posts