Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What adjustments should I make on my ARC suspension to get more ski lift/weight transfer? I regeared and now need to get alittle bit of my holeshot traction back. Some more track pressure from weight transfer should do the trick. All of the info I have found pretains to conventional front/rear shock arrangment, mine has two center side-by-side coil overs. Any ideas will be very appreciated.

·
Registered
153 Posts
With the way the ARC suspension is designed i don't think you can really get a lot of ski lift out of it. The only thing that would help would be to let the limiter strap out all the way.

What kind of re-gearing did you do ? Did you get any performance gains ?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went down one tooth on the top gear. I gained in the mid-range, but have more track spin out of the hole. Contrary to popular opinion there is a top end loss when you do this, but it may be because my clutch is letting the engine overrev. I'm gonna adjust my clickers down to see if I get some top end back, but if I don't, oh well, I don't really need to go 100MPH. My concern is off the line performance.

·
Tweak session time!
1,620 Posts
Raven,
What do you have your clickers set at? Mine are set at 4 w/ no clutching mods. Isn't 3 or 4 what they were set at from the factory. Also, not to get off the subject, but did you replace your front shocks with rebuildables...because the stock HPGs are not, correct? I am wanting to do this but not quite sure which brand to go with.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't remember what the clickers are at right now. And my front shocks are stock, I don't think they are even HPGs, but they might be.

·
Registered
461 Posts
hey raven so you are runnin 25 & 43 gears right now? were you able to use the stock 74 link chain? i was thinking bout doing that myself, but was also wondering bout the over reving. so you got too much down low for it to hook up?

i know im a noob, but id say either ler out your limiter strap or try softening the rear spring preloads if you have room for that.

hey on another note: you need a pic of that sled in some snow in your avatar.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I'm runnin' 25/43 w/ 74 link. It does over rev, but a clicker change should take care of that. The problem now is less traction down low.

BTW I have some pics from my last ride, but dad put the wrong film in the camera, so I don't have any digital pics
Going up this weekend, this time I will man the camera and should get some updated shots w/ the white stuff

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was screwing with mine on the trail. I put both rear springs on the softest. It was easier to get some raise out of my skies but it handled like crap.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Letting your limiter strap out is about all you can do as far as getting weight to transfer better, there isn't much else you can do with that suspension the way it came from SD. On the '98s at least, the stock shocks are hydraulic "Motion Control" not gas shocks at all. The '99s had non-rebuildable HPG gas shocks, at least on some of them. So far, I'm impressed with the A D Boivin springs I got from a friend of mine, they ride a lot better, even when set to the softest setting, but I don't think they do anything as far as weight transfer goes, I just thought I'd throw that in. Good Luck!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Krenn said:
Letting your limiter strap out is about all you can do as far as getting weight to transfer better, there isn't much else you can do with that suspension the way it came from SD. On the '98s at least, the stock shocks are hydraulic "Motion Control" not gas shocks at all. The '99s had non-rebuildable HPG gas shocks, at least on some of them. So far, I'm impressed with the A D Boivin springs I got from a friend of mine, they ride a lot better, even when set to the softest setting, but I don't think they do anything as far as weight transfer goes, I just thought I'd throw that in. Good Luck!
[snapback]307097[/snapback]​
The "motion control" shocks are gas.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The best compromise I've found on the front rear suspension shocks is setting them 2 notches down from the stiffest. This seems to work the best for me and I weigh 150 lbs. Didn't really help much hooking up tho. The front shocks I have one up from the softest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts