Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Got a chance to ride a Apex with a MC express Turbo yesterday. Sled is putting out over 270hp. This sled is the fastest thing I have ever been on .I pavement race a modded 700 Mach 1 and this sled pulls twice as hard on snow as my 700 does on the pavement all of this out of a trail sled. This sled is scarry scarry fast ! I was on a abandoned air strip about 1500 feet sled was running 135 mph on the speedo .All I could do is giggle to myself as the speedo climbed to 135 MPH .
This was not a long pull I can`t imagine this thing on the lake. The depressing thing was getting back on my 800 bm it felt like I was riding a 377 safari.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
They are very fast indeed. Check out the Apex down thread on snowest forum, 8 psi of boost on 93 octaine, piston gone and hole in block, not fast nune more.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Only about another 5,000 dollars once you buy the turbo and clutch it properly, I will stick with my power tek minus the 5 g's

·
Registered
480 Posts
Laker said:
Your on the wrong web site!
[snapback]745849[/snapback]​
*%@ are you talking about??????
He said he owes a Doo. Give credit where credit is due. PERIOD! Don't be a hater!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Laker said:
Your on the wrong web site!
[snapback]745849[/snapback]​
Got blinders on?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
great!

make a too heavy sled heavier...

the yammie needs the exra horse power so it can catch up after a bumpy twisty run..

btw- it needs that much HP to catch up to a 600 REV...

and have you ever driven a turbo.. the lag is completly annoying and comes at the EXACT perfect moment... a super charger is the better choice... but that is too heavy too!

hey yamaha its the "CHASSIS" not the motor... (except for lake racers) and if your a lake racer no reason to be riding a REV!

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
ViperER said:
great!

the yammie needs the exra horse power so it can catch up after a bumpy twisty run..

and have you ever driven a turbo.. the lag is completly annoying and comes at the EXACT perfect moment... a super charger is the better choice... but that is too heavy too!

hey yamaha its the "CHASSIS" not the motor... (except for lake racers) and if your a lake racer no reason to be riding a REV!
[snapback]745929[/snapback]​
i'll agree with viper on this one. i drove a arctic crap t660 turbo and the turbo lag was terrible. if u let off and then got back on it hard it would take a while to get the engine revs back up and then the turbo kicks in then finally u are going faster. it was a nice riding sled, but the turbo lag wqas kinda hard to get used to after riding a 2 stroker.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Viper do you have to work at being an online "edit for bad language"hole or is this how you really are in person?
Theres very little or no lag on an MC express turbo, the Apex motor spools up too fast!!!! But since youre a sled expert we should just take your word for it.

For an Apex 135mph on the speedo isnt impressive, theyre WAAAAAAAY out of whack. My stock RTX runs 132 on the speedo, on radar thats about 117. There are turbo Yams runnig a real 130+ with gear changes but I doubt thats in 1500ft.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
ViperER said:
great!

Viper, I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one, not to bash yamaha or anything, but I just find it weird that a machine pumping out 270 hp only gets 135 on the speedo, the mighty mach has 100 less hp and can get about 110-115 on good days, so the Apex needs another 100 hp to move 20 mph faster then a mach?

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
chasem said:
ViperER said:
great!

Viper, I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one, not to bash yamaha or anything, but I just find it weird that a machine pumping out 270 hp only gets 135 on the speedo, the mighty mach has 100 less hp and can get about 110-115 on good days, so the Apex needs another 100 hp to move 20 mph faster then a mach?
[snapback]746448[/snapback]​
Taking into consideration the fact that aerodynamic and frictional drag grow at amazing rates when going those speeds its very likely alot more power is needed to make a little more speed, unless youve got unlimited distance to gain it!! However the fact of the matter is an apex is only geared to run about 115-120 (135ish on the dream meter) so all the power in the world wont make it go faster, it'll just get there ALOT quicker.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
By the way I forgot to add , you have to roll on the throttle or it would hit rev limiter(12000 rpm) as this sled had stock gearing new gearing on the way . On the lake Sled ran 138 mph on the gun speedo was showing 148mph . Sled would hit rev limiter at 138 mph ( on gun)
Sled was running on pump gas with low compression head gasket. The turbo lag was minimal but the acceleration made up for that. I rode this sled in some trails and have to say you have to respect this power . Not trying to wave the Yamaha flag here just thought some people would appreciate this kind of performance.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Sounds like the MC Express is the way to go on the Apex, rode a Bender Apex yesterday and while it's fast it isn't $18K fast. I didn't care for the delivery, seemed to take too long to spool up. No where near as impressive as the Simons RX-1 I rode, almost no lag and pulled to 150 plus on the dream meter, too much fun.

Is the MX Express front or rear mount?

TT670 you must have got a good Apex, ran two of them on Ostego Lake(MI) this past weekend and my stock 800 gobbled them up pretty good, even on the long run and I'll never claim that my Rev is the king of the lake, it's no slouch but it could be better.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ViperER said:
great!

Why do i get the feeling that you are one of the guy's that sits in the bar all day with your $1500 of riding gear watching the real sledders roll by..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts