Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 04 rev 600 with 4500 miles on it. Engine was just rebuilt less than 500 miles ago! What should I look for on this sled?

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
See if the front shocks are centered in the a-arms. Or at least the same distance from the front and the back of the a-arms, would mean front end damage/bent nun. Shake down the front end. Have a good look around it, if it's pretty clean then more than likely it was well taken care of. See if you can take it for a rip if there's enough snow, or if the owner at least would so you could see it move.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Check how reverse works, dash instruments, lights, hand warmers work. Check the skid, look for missing bolts, anything bent, track condition. Compression gauge is always to check if the engine really is fresh.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Let the motor warm up to operating temp shut it off let it sit for about 5 minutes if it's hard to start it could need new reeds . I've had a few of the 04 05 600s and the reeds have a tendency to wear out making hot starts hard . If it's just been rebuilt probably not an issue but the things people miss you never know . Also make sure the carb boots aren't cracked .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts