Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The black box that connects to my air intake sock (prefilter) vibrates like crazy. i heard vibrating one day. i opened left side panel and there sat the black box vibrating like hell. anything i can do to fix it?

·
Just doo it.
690 Posts
Renegade Scotty said:
The black box that connects to my air intake sock (prefilter) vibrates like crazy. i heard vibrating one day. i opened left side panel and there sat the black box vibrating like hell. anything i can do to fix it?
[snapback]708093[/snapback]​
Are you talking about your airbox? And yes, vibration is normal on things that have engines... and no, your sdi is not gutless either. Jk

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I noticed this too, then it almost burned down from ripped carb boots, they were so weak it shook the box like mad. Now remember, when you shut the side the cone goes into the box and it stops vibrating pretty much, but check your boots, this is a tell tail.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i put 2 pieces of sticky sided weather stripping between air silencer and bottom part of aluminum. seems to of helped it. With engine running i could see how carb boots want to tear. they vibrated like mad until i did this.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Doo said:
I have a 06 800pt that has a dancing airbox...............weird...........

Not all of them dance like mine though.............kinda conserning.
[snapback]715494[/snapback]​
Mine didnt dance untill it went down (boot).When the dealer put on a new boot,cyl and piston,it vibrated bad.I could here it.Turn the idle up and put some foam along the side by the secondary.Looked like that bolt would put a hole in the air box.It just vibrates at idle.

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
the sensor at top of air box is getting loose in its hole from all the vibration. I will try foam under but skidoo should have a recall to fix this loose airbox before it causes failures of carb boots or sensors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.