Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if these cluch kits are any good?
anyone?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I bought one for my 02 500 mxz- the kit seemed ok I installed it and set the springs to the settings they recomended in the kit and it couldn't have been further off. I did some tuning and once it was close, the only difference I found was the engagment was raised about 800 rpm. so I put it back to stock-didn't work well with that particular sled! Not sure about any other sled.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, keep it comming

·
Registered
379 Posts
Put one in my 04 600 HO SDI. Engages and will pull your arms off. Great power on the trails. Also put one on the wifes poo. She thinks I just adjusted the belt. Surprised the hell out of her the first time she let it rip.

·
Registered
803 Posts
FreezeFrame said:
Put one in my 04 600 HO SDI. Engages and will pull your arms off. Great power on the trails. Also put one on the wifes poo. She thinks I just adjusted the belt. Surprised the hell out of her the first time she let it rip.
[snapback]707315[/snapback]​
yeah I put a couple in an 04 shorty and Gade and did about the same then went to team then currently hyperlite

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FreezeFrame said:
do they need to be ajusted alot, or are they pretty much bolt on and go?

·
Registered
127 Posts
noyzee said:
FreezeFrame said:
do they need to be ajusted alot, or are they pretty much bolt on and go?
[snapback]707498[/snapback]​
Goodwins set up will pretty much be bolt on a go ............

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have an EPI. I am happy with it. Stock vs. EPI Better hole shot and mid range. A big surprise I gained about 1 to 2 mph on top end. Just make sure you update you springs every year if you ride over 1000 miles. I update my springs about twice a year; I ride 4000 to 5000 miles a year.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kzoo said:
I have an EPI. I am happy with it. Stock vs. EPI Better hole shot and mid range. A big surprise I gained about 1 to 2 mph on top end. Just make sure you update you springs every year if you ride over 1000 miles. I update my springs about twice a year; I ride 4000 to 5000 miles a year.
[snapback]707803[/snapback]​
good info, looks like we will be putting one in next week, i will let everyone know how it works!

i need it to try to beet my buddies f-7

1 - 10 of 10 Posts