Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some have already seen some white caps and now the weather service is calling for snow on Monday up at Alta ski resort. It's coming!

·
It's all in reading the parts before you run t
1,694 Posts
Sounds like you live in the right spot. Beautiful area out there, wouldn't mind going back to Alta to ski! Think snow!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Calling for 90s on Monday. Skied this morning and lake temp still 76 and going back up with the temps were seeing. The good news is we could be getting ready for lake effect.

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
The acorns are already falling and there is lots of them!
Lots means LONG hard winter.....
Falling this early? Well I would have to guess that means the critters better start grabbing now. Acorns aren't usually falling here til October.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I already did what I call the snow dance: Cleaned sled, installed new 6.9 skiis and new electric fuel gauge. Working on it this early, I`m hopin will bring snow!!!!

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We can always check the Farmers Almanac but how accurate is that anyways?

I think we all could sneak in a snow dance or two when no one is looking!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
We can always check the Farmers Almanac but how accurate is that anyways?

I think we all could sneak in a snow dance or two when no one is looking!
Farmer`s Almanac lmao. If it was always bang on, Why would the farmer`s even put a crop in the field knowing it was going to be a bad year weather wise.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I noticed the birds flocking last week, which is real early aroud here. For the snow dance, i've benn cuttin a rug since april. LET IT SNOW!!!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Dude dont laugh that farmers almanac is darn close I know its not spot on but if you actually read it, The way they predict the weather and the signs they say to look for is pretty amazing to me. Nobody can predict the weather and what it is going to do.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
anyone thinking early winter ?!!!
kinda like shootin fish in a barrel on this board , doncha think . . .

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
anyone thinking early winter ?!!!
kinda like shootin fish in a barrel on this board , doncha think . . .
Last year the good snow didn't come until March and had rideable snow until beginning of June. The earlier the better.

·
Please join a club, respect landowners, and prote
2,245 Posts
If we doo get enough snow so that our groomers can get out there more than once, it will be a better season than last year. I'll believe any reports of snow after I go out and groom the trails.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but I have centipedes up the wazoo in my basement already, and I am pretty sure they usually dont move in till around October? Could be a sign we will see the snow and cold early? Low of 46 on friday night... that seems quite chilly for early septemeber around here, but lows are supposed to be back into the mid 50s by next week
I am curious to see what this winter will bring, the weather around here has just been crazy for the past year or so

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
leaves are turning, squirrels are getting nuts, skunks are dead on the road and it was 4C last night. I'd think it might be coming soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts