Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Anyone Tested the BRP update?

22K views 134 replies 42 participants last post by  Daag44 
#1 ·
I just did mine but being in the Northeast US we have been out of snow for 3 weeks.

Any Feedback is appreciated.

#13 ·
The update describe possible performance inconsistencies due to sloppy and-or backlash on the mechanical trottle link and also its lack or miscalibration of its zero and max inputted to the ecu. I believe a visual crosscheck is also done to the trottle plate opening in case the non-ajustable TPS be acting.
I can only assume all 900R are affected. They also throw a higher finish spring to break the 7600 rpm wall some are hitting.

#15 ·
ALL 900R's are available for this update.
Dealer told me it's only if you have low rpm's. So tell them it's low.
I don't, but i can't see the harm in getting it dialed in perfectly.
If i gain 1% that's 1% more happy times for me.
If it's good then i at least know it's right.

On TY his bud had low rpm's & gained 7mph on Dream-O-Meter
A good running 900 will most likely gain nothing.
Dealer said one was at 75% & 2 others were spot on.

Mine gained rpm's over 4000 miles so i'm wondering if cable was tight & it stretched..........not sure
I'm asking dealer to give me old spring so i can re-install it if i'm unhappy or i can install my Dalton weights & tune it down.
I'm happy DOO stepped up for the ones that were DOGS getting beat by 850's
Next year we'll know if helped...................Tunes are 'a comin' boys....................gonna be a ZOO

#66 ·
ALL 900R's are available for this update.
Dealer told me it's only if you have low rpm's. So tell them it's low.
I don't, but i can't see the harm in getting it dialed in perfectly.
If i gain 1% that's 1% more happy times for me.
If it's good then i at least know it's right.

On TY his bud had low rpm's & gained 7mph on Dream-O-Meter
A good running 900 will most likely gain nothing.
Dealer said one was at 75% & 2 others were spot on.

Mine gained rpm's over 4000 miles so i'm wondering if cable was tight & it stretched..........not sure
I'm asking dealer to give me old spring so i can re-install it if i'm unhappy or i can install my Dalton weights & tune it down.
I'm happy DOO stepped up for the ones that were DOGS getting beat by 850's
Next year we'll know if helped...................Tunes are 'a comin' boys....................gonna be a ZOO
Or maybe with the lack of supply issues we've had you could let those who actually have low rpm's get their sleds fixed before you take unnecessary parts of the shelf.

#18 ·
Odd they waited to the snow was gone to release the update. So don't expect much, seen this ploy many times. They just sold you the same hopes and dreams you guys were told last year.. pr stunt at best and looks like many are biting the bait like usual... us brp owners should have the word sucker tattooed on our foreheads...

#19 ·
^^^ Or...it could be they just figured out what was going on with them and it took this long to come up with the solution. It seems the few reports back so far have been positive.

BTW, how's your Mach running?

Winter is over, time to put the Tinfoil Hat away. This isn't a big BRP conspiracy. 🙄

#23 ·
^^^ Or...it could be they just figured out what was going on with them and it took this long to come up with the solution. It seems the few reports back so far have been positive.

BTW, how's your Mach running?

Winter is over, time to put the Tinfoil Hat away. This isn't a big BRP conspiracy. 🙄
No way would I want that pig, not my style.
Now if it had power steering and 240 real hp's, maybe we could talk.
As for the timing thing, your joking right? Guys on here had it nailed down what the problems was after 2 weeks on the machine.. you can't tell me the manufacturer need more time then some red necks with sleds took? You know nobody will believe that one

#25 ·
Just a educated gut feeling, Yes the engine can handle it on good fuel but I think it is just too much on 91 octane so boost is reduced to stave off detonation.

Guys like myself have run octane booster with good results but seems no one pays attention to those posts.

I wrote an article laying out my thoughts on modern turbocharged computer controlled high horsepower engines and pump fuels.

The computer will both pull timing and boost to protect the engine on low octane fuels.

We see the same thing in cars with factory superchargers they are all knock limited on pump gas.

Too many people want to hate on someone or something in these forums.

I for one look on the bright side of everything and find I enjoy life a lot more not being mad about things we can't control.

I have been clutching snowmobiles for 26 years and won a lot of races all over the northeast, Having ridden 2 900Rs a total of 1500 miles this year I agree with BRP spring change, in Theory it totally makes sense, they are not dumb as the forums would have you believe.

Ted.

#47 ·
I took the stock spring out of mine & put the same one the 850 uses ( 170-350 ) and this spring only add about 100-150 RPM to my sled with a G Boost belt. I will try the one BRP wants to install, But I would like to keep the stock spring just in case this recall doesn't do the trick. Oliver at Boost Engineering will be getting my business for a tune if this recall doesn't work ( & I'm thinking it will not ) & I might need the stock spring put back in if it's making good power. Time will tell.

#22 ·
Meat Head always gets right to it. Sometimes annoying, sometimes hilarious, sometimes right on it because no one else will say it.

He's 100% on the release timng. No wizardry or lengthy testing or special part or programming here, they waited this long on purpose, to leave the answer unknown if it works or not.

The 2023 900R sales depended on the answer coming AFTER the Spring Order! A band aid fix on the flagship that really doesn't change much before the Spring Order Event would never be allowed by corporate.

We all know what the answer is already, this is no magic wand fix that will make this sled rock guys, it is what it is. You want it to rock, get out your wallet.

Or...........enjoy it for what it is? I'm looking for one, if anyone here hates theirs, it's the only Mach Z I don't have :)

#31 ·
to the updates I have had tps reset cable adjusted dalton 170/385 spring red driven spring installed and done back in the end of feb tried Lucas octan booster in 3 tanks of fuel and it all made very little difference yes a little zipper but gained very little rpm now why do some sleds get good rpm with out changes and others dont all using same parts yes tps and cable adjustment help some people not all I think there was 1 guy inhere they had 3 900r 2 rpm good one did not I would guess all use same fuel so that would tell fuel is not the issue my biggest rpm gain was from intercooler change back in 2014 2015 I had a 2014 800 best running 800 I have had got a 15 run not so good after some time I found 14 had a different temp sensor than the 15 so found a 14 sensor installed and it cured the issues this is only my findings brp knows there is issues this update will help some [maybe just make them feel better brp done something] for me it has done very little

#38 ·
Making it rev 8000 with a stiffer spring isn’t going to make it magically faster. Your going to have less belt squeeze up top with the spring holding the rpm up and the clutch not shifting out. Your weights centrifugal force is countered with 100 lbs more force to overcome now… sure it will have the rpm placebo effect but it’s going nowhere. Just going to be empty rpm.

#49 ·

#56 ·
^^^ With no punctuation that was hard to follow, sorry.

I'm pretty sure nowhere in there was a dyno report showing less than the advertised 180hp, is that correct?
on those particular sleds but I dont recall them at 14 psi of boost at 195 either like the follow said and I haven't see any dyno sheets of these sleds after some miles not sure why some guys dont believe some of these sleds are not preforming like others and not by just a little

#60 ·
I took mine to my dealer and told them that based on my boost gage, I was not getting the advertised numbers. 4lbs of boost at launch control, and 15lbs of boost at WOT. BRP basically told my dealer that they do not want to hear anything about low boost numbers......in essence, corporate does not really give a s@!T. They far exceeded sales on this and could give a rats a$$ about us.

Reactions: awful knawful
#61 ·
What we have here is a failure communicate: We are failing to see/hear that they hyped on one end with videos and claims (launch control , new intake , exhaust, bigger injectors , revised intake, 17.4 psi Mach z) and they covered their @sses on the other end (180 hp) ...the fact that the ecu is encrypted and is locked down tells you they dont want it touched either (limit warranty exposure)

To me they should ask if we'd waive warranty and give us control of the ecu to have a sled that fits the hype

#80 ·
The problem with the Dyno sheet is it’s a quick snapshot. Those of us who have run our machs know it initially pulls very hard until it starts reaching its top speed. On long full throttle runs the power definitely starts to fade off. I’m guessing it probably is 17 pounds of boost on the way up but settles back to around 15. My 21 Whalen tuned 185hp has the exact same Top Speed as my Mach. Both Top out at 117 on the dream meter. Mach is just a little quicker getting there.
As for RPM, mine ran 79-78 For a good part of the season. At the end, probably due to a warn belt it was running 7600, still would run the same Top Speed at the lower RPM.
So are we getting the advertised 180hp I believe so, but I believe it’s doing it at under 17 pounds of boost.

Reactions: 600 sdi rever
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.