Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
But that sheet says "stock 900R".

As Mark noted, if you were trying to sell go fast stuff wouldn't you want the stock number to start as low as reasonably possible?
no not to most if you inflate stock numbers and your tune ads x hp you end up with higher x number that impresses most people I believe this happen with 900t lots of 205 hp 220 hp tunes but when side by side from an guy that say 180 tune they are very even

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
^^^ Is the 117 off the top speed recall?

If so I think that's the max it will show you. My 900T got that as well, I saw 118 but it didn't record it.

As to the fading after running, that's what my '09 600 Etec did - it was a bad intake temp sensor that would bench test good.

It finally popped a code one day, it said it was -33F when it was actually +25F. Needless to say it was dumping excessive fuel in it and running like a rich pig.

·
boost junkie
11,814 Posts
17 psi is probably only at high altitude to get the "180 minimum"

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
no not to most if you inflate stock numbers and your tune ads x hp you end up with higher x number that impresses most people I believe this happen with 900t lots of 205 hp 220 hp tunes but when side by side from an guy that say 180 tune they are very even
I guess it depends on how you want to market your parts - tell an honest increase or a fake final number.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I guess it depends on how you want to market your parts - tell an honest increase or a fake final number.
your right but to most lots of people like fake numbers because sounds better and do we think that brp would not use 190 hp numbers for selling if that's if that was there findings were with all there money RD they have spend over the years and iam sure brp dyno more than one sled to come up with there 180 hp sure there are some with a bit more and bet lots with less but to say that they are 195 stock is not right but all that want to believe that good for them I do not

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
lets take your numbers so they have 195 hp and claim there ad ons ad 30 hp gives 225 hp than you have a honest guy that says 180 hp and there ad ons/ tune ad 20 hp and end up with 200 hp who sells more ?
100%, Some tuners and i use that term loosely have been playing that game from the introduction of the 900t back in 2019 @ 165hp vs 150hp stock with flash and go tunes made available at a claimed 195/ 205 hp
As dirb stated based on numbers what tune are you going to purchase the very optimistic 205 tune or the true 180 tune.

These same dishonest and unethical tuners are just playing the same game with the now optimistic 225+ tunes for the 900R.
I will go out on a limb and say my 900r B.E. 200 tune will run the same or likely better then the 225 stand alone, just as my B.E 180 tune out preformed the 205 tunes.

·
Registered
283 Posts
100%, Some tuners and i use that term loosely have been playing that game from the introduction of the 900t back in 2019 @ 165hp vs 150hp stock with flash and go tunes made available at a claimed 195/ 205 hp
As dirb stated based on numbers what tune are you going to purchase the very optimistic 205 tune or the true 180 tune.

These same dishonest and unethical tuners are just playing the same game with the now optimistic 225+ tunes for the 900R.
I will go out on a limb and say my 900r B.E. 200 tune will run the same or likely better then the 225 stand alone, just as my B.E 180 tune out preformed the 205 tunes.
absolutely and not have to updated it every 2 weeks like others

·
Registered
1,876 Posts

If so I think that's the max it will show you.....
Max it will show is 120 mph. I hit 127 while spinning during launch control and the dream meter only shows 120

Reactions: MX-Z Man

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
16,623 Posts

If so I think that's the max it will show you. My 900T got that as well, I saw 118 but it didn't record it.

As to the fading after running, that's what my '09 600 Etec did - it was a bad intake temp sensor that would bench test good.

It finally popped a code one day, it said it was -33F when it was actually +25F. Needless to say it was dumping excessive fuel in it and running like a rich pig.
Mine recorded 118

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
But that sheet says "stock 900R".

As Mark noted, if you were trying to sell go fast stuff wouldn't you want the stock number to start as low as reasonably possible?
You would think but it’s all a sales gimmick to sell stuff. They all know how to make their readings high and low. They know when to do back to back pulls and single cold pulls.

dynos are suppose to be a tool used to measure a change in performance however a lot of times they are used as a calibrated tool to sell product.

·
Registered
72 Posts

I'm agree with you.

For me the 900R is not a 195hp sled. Is more like a 900T with a 180 BE tune.

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
I'd like to see Jim's dyno run with the intake air temp monitored, and altered, as well as fuel quality. To the variables we see as consumers when we use these things. So we can see the numbers in the less than perfect world, and most likely to be experienced by the owners of these. Does he run down the street and get fuel from the gas station for his tests like we are running in the sleds in real life?

All these dyno tests are in a controlled setting, and never show a variance from the real life differences we all see everyday with fuel quality and ambient / intake air temps among other influencing variables.

So yes, if all the conditions in the dyno cell on test day are the same in real life it should perform to those specs.

But that's not reality.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Ya I keep wondering why everyone is chasing anything above 76-7700 rpms I think jeb ? showed he got the same speed at 7700 or 8000! . I'm definitely watching this unfold for the long term . I've eliminated all these problems with my Motec system on my 900 t

81 - 100 of 135 Posts