Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,776 Posts
Next question - is it safe to assume the '23s will come this way, or will they do something different over the summer?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't get this update. If you are already running 79-8000rpm that finish rate on the spring is too high.
The engine will be on the rev limiter
The clutching feels a little heavy to me so I expect it will be zippier in the mid range as well.
100 lbs is worth 100 rpm with these weights so I don't expect it to come against the rev limiter at all.

·
Registered
2019 900T Adrenaline 2018 Sidewinder RTX
102 Posts
7mph from what?
Mine does 120 on the dreamo. I don't see it hitting 127mph with the update
"My friend was out riding his 900R yesterday after his sled had the Doo updates done and he said it is running stronger.
Rpms are now actually a little high at up to 8200 and it picked up 7 mph on max speedo speed from 107mph to 115 mph now. "

This is all that was shared. I have no idea what the conditions were like.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"My friend was out riding his 900R yesterday after his sled had the Doo updates done and he said it is running stronger.
Rpms are now actually a little high at up to 8200 and it picked up 7 mph on max speedo speed from 107mph to 115 mph now. "

This is all that was shared. I have no idea what the conditions were like.
That is great feedback thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Is this update is only for the Mach Z or for all models with the engine 900R? Thanks
I have not gotten a reliable answer yet, My dealer service manger Thinks just Mach Z but I don't see how they would exclude all other 900Rs.

Update; Just took a walk over and looked up my XRS and sure enough it is confirmed all 900R with low RPM complaint are covered under this Service bulletin

·
Registered
194 Posts
The update describe possible performance inconsistencies due to sloppy and-or backlash on the mechanical trottle link and also its lack or miscalibration of its zero and max inputted to the ecu. I believe a visual crosscheck is also done to the trottle plate opening in case the non-ajustable TPS be acting.
I can only assume all 900R are affected. They also throw a higher finish spring to break the 7600 rpm wall some are hitting.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is great feedback thank you for sharing.
I have not gotten a reliable answer yet, My dealer service manger Thinks just Mach Z but I don't see how they would exclude all other 900Rs.

Update; Just took a walk over and looked up my XRS and sure enough it is confirmed all 900R with low RPM complaint are covered under this Service bulletin

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Adrenaline 900R
185 Posts
ALL 900R's are available for this update.
Dealer told me it's only if you have low rpm's. So tell them it's low.
I don't, but i can't see the harm in getting it dialed in perfectly.
If i gain 1% that's 1% more happy times for me.
If it's good then i at least know it's right.

On TY his bud had low rpm's & gained 7mph on Dream-O-Meter
A good running 900 will most likely gain nothing.
Dealer said one was at 75% & 2 others were spot on.

Mine gained rpm's over 4000 miles so i'm wondering if cable was tight & it stretched..........not sure
I'm asking dealer to give me old spring so i can re-install it if i'm unhappy or i can install my Dalton weights & tune it down.
I'm happy DOO stepped up for the ones that were DOGS getting beat by 850's
Next year we'll know if helped...................Tunes are 'a comin' boys....................gonna be a ZOO

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Odd they waited to the snow was gone to release the update. So don't expect much, seen this ploy many times. They just sold you the same hopes and dreams you guys were told last year.. pr stunt at best and looks like many are biting the bait like usual... us brp owners should have the word sucker tattooed on our foreheads...

·
Super Moderator
31,776 Posts
^^^ Or...it could be they just figured out what was going on with them and it took this long to come up with the solution. It seems the few reports back so far have been positive.

BTW, how's your Mach running?

Winter is over, time to put the Tinfoil Hat away. This isn't a big BRP conspiracy. 🙄

1 - 20 of 135 Posts