1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
I ordered a Black Renegade XRS 850, Smart Shocks, Premium Color Display, Ice Ripper XT track back on 02-27-21. Still nothing, anyone receive one yet or know of a time frame? Dealer is saying December but I'm not feeling very confident on this.

·
Registered
22 Renegade XRS 850 Black
30 Posts
I ordered a Black Renegade XRS 850, Smart Shocks, Premium Color Display, Ice Ripper XT track back on 02-27-21. Still nothing, anyone receive one yet or know of a time frame? Dealer is saying December but I'm not feeling very confident on this.
I picked up my Black XRS renegade, smart shocks, standard gauge, ice ripper track on Saturday. My friend who ordered the same time MXZ XRS 850 smart shocks grey red combo, no news on arrival .

·
Registered
92 Posts
I picked up my Black XRS With Smart Shocks today, black, 1.5, standard gauge, 850, Smart Shocks fully functionable, DES missing. Have many accessories to install to add some Lava Red to the sled. I will post photos tomorrow and then after photos as well when completed.

Dealer is reporting this is the first Smart Shock sled to come in as well as Ski Doo oil will be out of stock soon with price increases coming. Quick glance; appears to a good of preload on the front Smart Shock, can anyone comment about this?

Any suggestions for a starting point on the coupling blocks rMotionX.

Thanks

·
Windsurfnut
2020 Ski-Soo MXZ XRS 850
1,246 Posts
Regarding your preload question, have you actually checked the preload? Is it your first XRS? The XRS has short springs, so it appears to be preloaded a fair way down the shock body. While I have not seen the Smart Shox first hand, previous years had a circlip on the shock body that kept the preload ring from being backed off too far. If you removed the circlip, you'd find that the spring was only preloaded about 10mm (from memory).
Looking at pics of the smart shocks, it appears to be the same, so I think if you back it off all the way loose (remove circlip if there is one) you'll find that actual preload is pretty standard, and the short spring makes it appear to be preloaded heavily.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you for the impute on the XRS shocks, I did have XRS shocks on my 17 TNT, did not remember them set with as much preload, will be checking the preload measurement in the next few days.

Photo's attached

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
The center shock in not a smart shock. You can hang it so the track is completely off the ground and put 1/4" to 3/8" of preload to start with on the center shock. If you go to no preload in the bumps you will loose the retainer ring and that makes a mess of things. Verify the ski shocks the same way. If you suspend the front and then back off the preload all the way there is usually still some preload on the springs. Coupler blocks is rider preference, you will likely end up at 2 or 3.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thank you for the impute on the XRS shocks, I did have XRS shocks on my 17 TNT, did not remember them set with as much preload, will be checking the preload measurement in the next few days.

Photo's attached
Thanks for the awesome pics! I'm waiting on a Renegade that is the twin to your MXZ. I went round and round whether to get the yellow one but I'm glad I went with black, They look really good imho. As for you spring preload questions to me the spring preload in front is something to experiment with to find the sweet spot feel for your style of riding. Technically you could start out setting the front end sag and dialing in the adjuster accordingly but I found that it doesn't necessarily make the front feel the way I wanted it to so I ride it some and feel it out and then fine tune. The rear preload/sag setting is more reliable for getting close to what you want in that you are looking for the sled to only settle a certain amount when you climb on while still having a little "unloaded" sag as well. I'm really curious to see if my rear torsions are going to be enough for me to get the sag correct. I go about 230ish with my gear on and I carry a few things on the rear of the sled typically as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The center shock in not a smart shock. You can hang it so the track is completely off the ground and put 1/4" to 3/8" of preload to start with on the center shock. If you go to no preload in the bumps you will loose the retainer ring and that makes a mess of things. Verify the ski shocks the same way. If you suspend the front and then back off the preload all the way there is usually still some preload on the springs. Coupler blocks is rider preference, you will likely end up at 2 or 3.
Don't forget about including the torsions in the equation as well. They have a four (or is it five?) position preload adjuster as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Trick Lift By Westside Service: thank you for all of the tips: I did notice the Damper adjustment knob on the REAR REMOTE RESERVOIR SMART SCHOCK is removed, would this by normal? My hunch is yes however the Smart Shock sled at the Ski Doo Tour had them installed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts