Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run a bit of the good stuff in mine and it worked good. throttle response seemed better and it pulled a bit harder up top. I will likely use it more after domes to compensate for not always getting great fuel. and it smells good
anyone else try it?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not totally stock, never said it was. I have done something different with the timing than others and wanted to try it again. last yr it did make no difference but my current setup has responded to it. I think I will run it with the domes too just to see what happens. I am only running it 1 gallon to 3 gallons premium right now as well

·
Registered
489 Posts
"stock" was to encompass basic rinky dink mods like domes, timing, trail porting etc.

If the race fuel is working for you the more power to you, but unless you are doing something wild it generally does you no good.

Hope it works out for ya though, from the sounds of it you are seing gains.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Race fuel will do nothing unless you are close to 13:1 or above compression and then it is a necessity. You will actually start loosing performance on anything above 94 octane baring some mods, The things you have done (which I am aware of) will be enhanced by octane of about 98 and no more. so your 1:3 mixture will probably be a tad better than 93 or 94 octane performance wise.

On a stock sled race fuel (depending on which one) will reduce performance by as much as 2%.

Warlock

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too tried the 50/50 mix. it slowed down. I was wanting to get closer to teh number warlock suggested. mainly because in some areas we cant even get premium easily. so I carry some in my gas caddy to mix. mainly I am truing to use it up before spring( its left over from my car
)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.