1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
we might be goin to wawa that weekend jon. or grand marais. keep me posted. ski

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I am interested in going somewhere for a long weekend..........

I am by Big Rapids, MI

anything???? Let me know!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
going to newberry today feb 10-13 and feb16-20. going to try to do the newberry to grand marais to munising loop. ill let you know sunday how conditions were.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Might be heading up to the bergland area myself for the weekend and the rest of that week I have to talk to a couple of buddies first.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Leaving Thursday from St. Ignace headed to Three Lakes(three Lakes Motel). Getting up Friday and heading to Lake of the Clouds, Hurley then back to Bergland (Walleye Lodge) for the night. Saturday morning its off to Bond Falls and spending the night in Gwinn (Red Fox Inn). Getting up Sunday morning and heading back to St. Ignace via Kitchikibi (sp) and Cut River Bridge.

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
Just got back from Big Bay Friday, and all I can tell ya guys is that if MOST of the UP doesn't get a sheot load of snow this week then the trails will be pretty bad. St Ignace is SHOT, very low snow, and most of the US-2 area is the same. Wouldn't bother unloading my sled there for a free year's worth of sliders and carbides. Paradise/Newberry doesn't have that much either.... trails will probably be rideable but not what you could consider "good" for the UP without fresh snow.

We were supposed to stay near L'anse.... NO SNOW. Ended up going to Big Bay to find good snow. Good to very good riding out of town once you get into the woods loops. 310 loop, trail 14, 15, and 5 were all pretty damned good. It was even tolerable going through Negaunee for once! Riding past Marquette to the east, L'anse to the west, or Silver Lake to the south was CRAP. Down to Gwinn was pretty good riding yet and you can go a ways east on trail 8 and still have decent riding. Get over to Shingleton and it starts to get skimpy. AVOID THE LAKESHORE going east. Getting through the Harvey area is murder... hope you have a high tolerance for the crunching and scraping sounds caused by riding over exposed railroad stone. Rail grade to AuTrain and Christmas is pretty much toast.

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
Jon and Gade...

We are still headed for Hearst on the 18th...Snow Train out of the Soo.

Will be riding back to the Soo on the 19th & 20th.

If you are going to go to Wawa let me know...We are going to be staying at Northern Lights on the night of the 19th.

Bob

·
Registered
776 Posts
Bobadoo said:
Jon and Gade...

If you are going to go to Wawa let me know...We are going to be staying at Northern Lights on the night of the 19th.

Bob

[snapback]311322[/snapback]​
Looks to be me and the wife riding out of searchmont on friday 18th. We will be staying in Wawa on Friday night and Saturday night. we are going to ride back to searchmont on Sunday and head home monday. I plan on staying at NL motel, but we are not sure how long. We might try to get a couple of loops out of wawa instead of just one.

chad

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
XPSIIGade said:
Bobadoo said:
Jon and Gade...

Bob

[snapback]311322[/snapback]​
Looks to be me and the wife riding out of searchmont on friday 18th. We will be staying in Wawa on Friday night and Saturday night. we are going to ride back to searchmont on Sunday and head home monday. I plan on staying at NL motel, but we are not sure how long. We might try to get a couple of loops out of wawa instead of just one.

Just got back from Wawa stayed at Northern Lights, and did the Superior Challenge Loop. Manitouwadge and Hornepayne Need Snow, It is rideable but needs fresh snow. the Wawa and Duber areas are great. Have even heard from guys coming from Searchmont and Halfway Haven saying the trails were good. A group came in Sunday from Hearst Timmins and Chapealu with good reports. When we left Monday it was snowing all the way down to St Ignace MI with Wawa and The Soo Picking up about 5 inches. Good Luck

chad
[snapback]312385[/snapback]​

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I'll be in Shingleton Saturday morning till Tuesday night. Be either on my new sled (avatar) or this one up at the Beartrap!!!

Is the gas station open in Shingleton yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
johnniev57 said:
I'll be in Shingleton Saturday morning till Tuesday night. Be either on my new sled (avatar) or this one up at the Beartrap!!!

Is the gas station open in Shingleton yet?

[snapback]318072[/snapback]​
No gas in Shingleton :angry2:The restraurant next door serves a GREAT breakfast though.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Thanks on the gas info. I'll go to Melstrand.
that dang 70 Oly won't run right. Carb probs. looks like no vintage riding this weekend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts