Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a low miles 2019 with a punched out cooler. Long story how it happened but obviously super bummed. Debating between ordering parts and taking it on or going for insurance claim.

Anyone replaced just the radiator on an 850? I see it listed in the parts fiche for ~$650, plus all the rivets and crap. Seems like maybe a bigger deal than the old sleds so just not sure. I would have a sled mechanic buddy do the work but he's never worked on an 850.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a low miles 2019 with a punched out cooler. Long story how it happened but obviously super bummed. Debating between ordering parts and taking it on or going for insurance claim.

Anyone replaced just the radiator on an 850? I see it listed in the parts fiche for ~$650, plus all the rivets and crap. Seems like maybe a bigger deal than the old sleds so just not sure. I would have a sled mechanic buddy do the work but he's never worked on an 850.

Thanks for any advice.
I would look into getting it welded. I patched one up for a kid at work. Really not a big deal at all. It can be welded in the sled. You will likely have to pull the drivers and drop the track.

Coming from someone who currently has the cooler out of his sled, (For a completely different project) I can promise you, it is a lot of work.

6c5ee677421c0bcb60fc291679c0f392.jpg
4088c83216ff7496b0d770948c6b7bf8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
i agree, ive done old rev's and although not impossible, its alot of work replacing coolers. If its a small crack, puncture id at least try welding first

I guess it all depends on your insurance and deductible, but i would personally handle something like this myself rather than running it through insurance

·
Registered
430 Posts
Has anyone tried using this method to repair aluminum? It looks like it would be easy to repair a heat exhanger or any thin wall aluminum.
I find welding much easier than brazing. Just my opinion. Brazing isn't always an option if there is a hole or build-up to be done. I am more confident in a weld than something brazed. It does have its place though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts