Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a like new condition Zox Nevado SN2 Snowmobile Modular helmet. I used it 1 season and bought a new sled in March, so i need a helmet to match my new sled. Its mostly Red w/ Black & silver graphics. Does NOT have a heated shield. Comes with a helmet bag as well. Cheap $$$$$$ for a really nice helmet. Very warm too. Let me know if interested. Below is a link to the helmet photo. $75.00

https://flic.kr/p/5899242578

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pending pick up

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
you do know that you can still ride your sled if your helmet doesn't match perfectly. seems like you could spend your money in other areas than worry about your helmet matching. unless you just don't like the helmet.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TY for that info Tbeaton. I understand i could still ride w/o a matching helmet & sled, but ya know what? I want my sled and myself to look good. I have been riding for 40 yrs and have always matched. Just like earlier this year, i had mentioned about purchasing a new snowflap and then purchased the flap saver from Tricked-Toys. A gentleman suggested i do what he did to prevent backing over my flap when going in reverse. He had a bungee cord / rubber strap around the rear bumper, then bolted or riveted through the flap. Works for him and yes, probably alot cheaper but....... And i specifically told him, i will NOT make my sled look like a ******** sled. I take pride in my sled and how i look when riding my sled. So please DO NOT tell me or suggest to me how to spend my hard earned money. TY

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
so having a strap to hold your flap up is *******? tell that to all the racers who use one. i'm all for looking good don't get me wrong, but know ones going to look at you and worry that your helmet is not exactly the same color as your sled. but to each there own.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. On a race sled, yes, i can see using a strap. Get run into or roll it and a new flap can get expensive. I take pride in what my sled looks like. Not saying that others don't. A RED helmet with an all black sled, and yellow riding jacket, would definately clash IMO. Maybe some would care less but its my $$$$$$, and i chose to get a different color helmet. Yellow riding jacket, yellow ski loops, so i went for a yellow helmet. I'd rather not have Black, yellow & red, Just saying.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have read that by cutting the bottom of the flap off, you create overheating issues then.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Tbeaton, if your not interested in the helmet, step elsewhere....bump for a great helmet.
pound sand guy, we already hashed it out.

600, i have not done it on my 11 etec but myself, blydoo, his father and just about everyone else i know that has or had a rev did it without any issues at all. but you already bought a flap right? the other thing you can do is stand up when you back up and take weight off the rear of the sled.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, i already bought a new flap w/ the flap saver from Tricked-Toys. The only time i really chew up flaps is when i try backing up in soft snow any distance. Standing up when in reverse is sort of a double edge sword as your damned if you do, and damned if you don't. As you need some weight to back up. But anyways, i'll try it this season and see how it works.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Yes, i already bought a new flap w/ the flap saver from Tricked-Toys. The only time i really chew up flaps is when i try backing up in soft snow any distance. Standing up when in reverse is sort of a double edge sword as your damned if you do, and damned if you don't. As you need some weight to back up. But anyways, i'll try it this season and see how it works.
i hear ya, my flaps all torn up, mostly from coming off the trailer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts