Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its an 03 trailblazer LTZ w/ 4WD and 50K miles, running boards removed. fully loaded. asking 17995 USD. im looking for feedback on the TrailBlazer in genral.

·
Registered
179 Posts
We owned one for 9 months.........VERY SMALL inside!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
03REV800_Sport said:
i dont do ford.
[snapback]287614[/snapback]​
Then I would recommend a Toyota. If you haven't driven a 4runner try it before you buy. My experience with chevy is poor reliability, lots of annoying noises in the cabin, and fast depreciation. This is word for word from Consumer Reports:

"...the vehicle falls short due to sloppy handling, uncomfortable seats, ill-fitting trim, and too much wind noise. ...the Trailblazer produced so-so acceleration and the EXT averaged a dismal 13 mpg. Reliability has been poor and the important crash-test results are unimpressive."

Don't take my word for it, listen to what the consumers say.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
The 2003 trailblazers are very unreliable (really bad consumer reviews) and finished 2nd to last in the suv off road test. Ford Expedition was last FYI. Toyota Land Cruiser, Land Rover Discovery, Toyota 4Runner were 1,2,and 3. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Here we go GM bashing again! Why don't we discuss Cat while we are at it too. I know plenty of people that have them and they are fine.

Friends don't let friends drive Ford

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
REV8LS1 said:
Here we go GM bashing again! Why don't we discuss Cat while we are at it too. I know plenty of people that have them and they are fine.

Friends don't let friends drive Ford

[snapback]287821[/snapback]​
I dont see how this is GM bashing, this is giving facts about a certain model.

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
Trailblazers are a waste of money in my opinion. For a few thousand more you can get a Tahoe and have more room, more power, towing capacity, and higher resale value. Trailblazers don't hold up too well in crashes either. Gas milage under similar driving conditions is not significantly worse with a Tahoe either. Tahoes are built one hell of a lot better than a Trailblazer. I'd spend a few extra bucks and get a full-size especially if you ever plan on selling it.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
bengelp said:
Trailblazers are a waste of money in my opinion. For a few thousand more you can get a Tahoe and have more room, more power, towing capacity, and higher resale value. Trailblazers don't hold up too well in crashes either. Gas milage under similar driving conditions is not significantly worse with a Tahoe either. Tahoes are built one hell of a lot better than a Trailblazer. I'd spend a few extra bucks and get a full-size especially if you ever plan on selling it.
[snapback]287841[/snapback]​
YEP

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
I've had both. By the HO.

Now my Tahoe tows my yellow trailblazer (MXZ700)!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I personally would stay away. Do yourself a favor and buy a Toyota, you won't be disappointed. Why do you think the resale value is so high.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i never thought of the tahoe idea, seems like it would be too big for my needs. maybe a regular blazer would be better? im currently driving a 98 Neon, the TB is quite a bit bigger then the neon.

·
My lifestyle determines my deathstyle.
2,124 Posts
To hell with any Jap sh&%! Buy American! My wife has a '03 trailblazer and loves it. No major problems, just done recall work on the taillights.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
I guess the word s*&% is what you say when Japanese build better quality vehicles that last longer and have better resale than quote unquote AMERICAN vehicles.
Although I dont know if you'd call a Tahoe an american vehicle=

Silao, Mexico Chevy Suburban
Chevy Tahoe
GMC Yukon

sorry. had to do it.

·
going to an island soon
30,037 Posts
Si senor. Yo hablo no english'

·
Registered
788 Posts
we have a 02 50000 on it no problems. Hey I can say its a hell of alot better than the Dodge Durango(p.o.s) she had before the Trailblazer. Want to talk about problems by a Dodge.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My Wife drives an 04 Trailblazer. It has been good so far & has 11k on it now.

The Trailblazer is Much better than the s10 blazer was.

We did not need or want anything larger. It is rated to tow 5000 lbs.

The MSRP on a comperable Tahoe was 8000 more.... (we get GM employee pricing).

I am glad we like it, since we wasted our money.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
My buddy's got the extended version, "02 with the 6 cylinder, and we tow his four place with four adults and all our gear to the UP several times during the winter. He's got about 60K+ miles on it, no problems whatsoever, except for the things he's run in to (a tree, a trailer, and a van)

Norm

1 - 20 of 25 Posts