Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if they are getting any more hp out of it.

I have the same question for the 2020 600r , or did they detune either one ?

·
Super Moderator
29,350 Posts
There was a post earlier looking for a 600R to spend a day on the dyno. I don't remember seeing an update on that one.

I'd like to see them too.

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
I was wondering if they are getting any more hp out of it.

I have the same question for the 2020 600r , or did they detune either one ?
pretty competitive market for them to detune anything with the polaris 850 out now. I would not expect that.

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
I think the Polaris 840 matched to the Ski-Doo 850 with the 2019.5 and 2020 calibrations.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,302 Posts
Ken are you going to be able to post Greg's numbers?
I'll find out .He's been running one in his field to get some miles on it also .I''ll talk to him today as Brian will be there getting a factory ecu read out set up for his race sled .Greg and i will split the approx 1k cost for it .

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,302 Posts
I talked to Greg The most track Hp he's ever seen was 86 hp on a broke in 850 The one he has now has 55 miles on it and he took the break in out .the bottom and mid hp is the same as years past But the top end hp is 2 more hp ,Total track hp is 88 hp on a 2020 850 '

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
2 track hp is like 5-7 crank hp,just so you know
Good to hear!! I thought sleds are about 50% efficient though so prob more like 4-5 crank horsepower. Now I wonder if the aftermarket pipes are gonna be as effective on the 20 models

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
The track Hp of a poorly setup clutch would be discouraging. I remember seeing a BRP presentation with a graph showing the pDrive having more power transmitted to the track over the TRA. I lost the picture, so if anyone has it please post. I don't remember if it was the pDrive with the straight sheave from the 600RS or the one with the vibration dampening.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,302 Posts
The track Hp of a poorly setup clutch would be discouraging. I remember seeing a BRP presentation with a graph showing the pDrive having more power transmitted to the track over the TRA. I lost the picture, so if anyone has it please post. I don't remember if it was the pDrive with the straight sheave from the 600RS or the one with the vibration dampening.
:shrug :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
2 track hp is like 5-7 crank hp,just so you know
at that rate 88 track hp would be 220 engine. Evan at 1track to 2 engine it would be 176 hp that would be good news for the 2020 owner. There would need to be a port timing change or something to be up there my guess ????‍♂

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
at that rate 88 track hp would be 220 engine. Evan at 1track to 2 engine it would be 176 hp that would be good news for the 2020 owner. There would need to be a port timing change or something to be up there my guess ‍♂
2020 Cylinder part number is different then previous.

Supplier change or....

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,302 Posts
at that rate 88 track hp would be 220 engine. Evan at 1track to 2 engine it would be 176 hp that would be good news for the 2020 owner. There would need to be a port timing change or something to be up there my guess ‍♂
Track hp is most times around a 50% loss from whats at the crank .

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Yeah I knew that . At that rate Greg’s sled would of bin 176 pto hp . Is this before he run his clutch setup right out of create? If so that’s real impressive hp out of the 20s????????.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts