·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Not a chance...

Reactions: A7M266D

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Couple of things to mention about this... Not sure if you will get any of the 4 stroke crowd to go to a un-proven ground of performance and durability of that engine. The other thing to look at is the fact that there weight of that sled is where BRP was with the 800R when it came out in 08. Everyone knows BRP upped the weight year after year, because of the quality and durability issues with the XP chassis. So, I am not sure I could buy into the hype on the Polaris. However it does look and sound intriging.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only thing that has me looking hard is most of the HCS test riders are Doo owners, one in particular is a 1200 owner. They seem to be pretty impressed. I'm not asking at all to bother any of my web friends here just simply curious if any of them gave it a thought.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I rode a 13 assault 800 on the weekend and I would have to be pretty impressed by this updated HO engine, the 13 just felt junky and VERY loud compared to my 800 etec. If I had an opportunity to try an axys I definetly would. As for next winter I am thinking of trying to find a 14 1200x or a left over 14 viper and putting a hurricane turbo on it.

·
ride hard or die trying
7,798 Posts
[quote name="Donald_05" post="7633089" timestamp="1394029962"]

I rode a 13 assault 800 on the weekend and I would have to be pretty impressed by this updated HO engine, the 13 just felt junky and VERY loud compared to my 800 etec. If I had an opportunity to try an axys I definetly would. As for next winter I am thinking of trying to find a 14 1200x or a left over 14 viper and putting a hurricane turbo on it.[/quote

If your looking for a viper with a turbo take to Jamie's (above( he's selling his dads mcx viper

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yeah I was talking to a guy that knows Jamie on the weekend. I know its just colour but I am not really a fan of the white tunnel with the blue

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thinking about it hard...
If it does in fact corner flat, it will be a strong machine. That was the only major problem with the rush chassis in my opinion.
I had promised myself I'd never again stray from four stroke. But I'm not gonna stick with the same old same old either.

Except for my suspension, (Not going to buy a new sled just for Rmotion) my 2010x will hold off the the 2014s and 2015s no prob.

Because they are all the same sleds.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name="Donald_05" post="7633089" timestamp="1394029962"]

I rode a 13 assault 800 on the weekend and I would have to be pretty impressed by this updated HO engine, the 13 just felt junky and VERY loud compared to my 800 etec. If I had an opportunity to try an axys I definetly would. As for next winter I am thinking of trying to find a 14 1200x or a left over 14 viper and putting a hurricane turbo on it.[/quote

If your looking for a viper with a turbo take to Jamie's (above( he's selling his dads mcx viper
I believe a couple gentlemen from Sudbury are coming by our place over next week (Holidays) to test drive / purchase the Viper.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I'm not brand loyal at all. And if I was in the market for a 2stroke, I would definitely be looking at the new Poo's. But the 800? I STILL don't read anything good about them. Friends go out west and talk to the rental companies and its still a definite NO GO for me to even consider or recommend the Polaris 800.

I live 30 minutes from the old 'osceola plant' where polaris had the Dyno, and know who used to run the dyno. I was the best man in his son's wedding. Don't buy a polaris 800 lol. 600 is, and always seems to have been a good tough motor. I'd buy one.

Hear nothing but great things about the polaris chassis though. Aside from the usual bad things you hear about these new lightweight chassis from EVERY manufacturer. I see BMP makes a kit to make the polaris 800s last longer...I wonder how well it works.

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,538 Posts
Nothing wrong with trying something new jamie. If you dont like it theres always a buyer out there.

Personally im giddy this morning...looking for parts already for another 1200 build

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If i were looking at the 2 stroke market i would take a strong look at polaris

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I rode a 13 assault 800 on the weekend and I would have to be pretty impressed by this updated HO engine, the 13 just felt junky and VERY loud compared to my 800 etec. If I had an opportunity to try an axys I definetly would. As for next winter I am thinking of trying to find a 14 1200x or a left over 14 viper and putting a hurricane turbo on it.
My neighbor did the Viper/Hurricane combo for this winter. Works awesome and lets just say it has inspired me to look at turbo's for next winter. He has around 3000mls on it and no problems.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am going to snow check one depending on how the test ride goes. I cant argue with what they are bringing to the table, especially with a free 4 year warranty on the sled with spring order.

·
Registered
745 Posts
So everyone's complaining about the skidoo engine choices but yet the AXYS has only 2 choices and your ok with that...it's an interesting sled but doesn't look very versatile nor comfortable given sitting position. Looks like you sit like the old rev.

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
So everyone's complaining about the skidoo engine choices but yet the AXYS has only 2 choices and your ok with that...it's an interesting sled but doesn't look very versatile nor comfortable given sitting position. Looks like you sit like the old rev.
Have you tried one yet?

Poo brought out a new engine and that is why it's creating a bit of buzz.

I mean...it's not as cool as Doos finger throttle but still..

1 - 20 of 332 Posts