Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find enough snow to get a ride in. I'm willing to truck as far as Houlton, as long as the riding is fairly good.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
https://www.weather.gov/nerfc/snow

I would stay away from the fields on the east side, it's going to take a bit more snow to get them back into shape. Rangely would be an option or stick to the hills near oxbow/shin pond/North. There should be some decent riding up that way in the next few days once they groom everything. Looks like quite a few clubs rolled the groomers today north of the millinocket area.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Better get out and ride if you can find snow now..... I just saw this forecast this morning..... not looking good for temps as we push through January.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I hope its fake news! :unsure:

Reactions: Boylstonrider

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It's ok if the temps are above average, as long as they aren't above freezing and we get some snow.Accuweather looks promising, not a high above 28 for the next 10 days in the county. Looking like another shot of snow this weekend, not much, but anything is good.

As for anything south of Maine, not looking good. This is one of the worst starts I have seen in a few years for Tug Hill. It's gonna be middle/end of Jan at best before there is decent snow there. Really only leaves above 6 weeks of decent riding if that is the case.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
From my video archives... Can you name all the players in the vid??

·
Registered
444 Posts
In Madawaska and all around today, trails have some cover but are rough and beat up. Better than no riding and hitting Canada tomorrow, which according to my friends that are there now it's considerably better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's my report on Millinocket ride. We left from entrance to the state park. The groomed roads are awesome. Woods trails need more snow but they are doing a great job with what snow they have. We rode to Shin Pond, Matagamon, Bollins camps and back. From The Wetstone intersection north was really good. (they had more snow). We put on about 140 miles and for the first ride of the year it was a good ride. Shin and Matagamon are open for fuel and food.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm just getting nervous about a planned trip to VT early February. I have already had to cancel two trips this year and between work and the weather, this could be the shortest season I have had in a long time.... :unsure:
Well you may have to come further North in early February... ;)

Reactions: Boylstonrider

·
Registered
15 Posts
rode out of jackman yesterday to pittston farm for a total of around 140 miles with the exception of a short (maybe 1 mile) section of bony trail and two small wet spots in the trail and all within 5 miles of Jackman the ride was fabulous. Every time we stopped to water the trees we commented to each other that the riding was nearly as good as anything we saw last year in 3,000 miles. the trails were groomed and with the dusting of snow from the last couple days keeping the sleds cool was not a problem.

Hoping to go to the county next week.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
rode out of jackman yesterday to pittston farm for a total of around 140 miles with the exception of a short (maybe 1 mile) section of bony trail and two small wet spots in the trail and all within 5 miles of Jackman the ride was fabulous. Every time we stopped to water the trees we commented to each other that the riding was nearly as good as anything we saw last year in 3,000 miles. the trails were groomed and with the dusting of snow from the last couple days keeping the sleds cool was not a problem.

Hoping to go to the county next week.
Should be good north western mountains and north and west of millinocket after this weekend's storm :revinmotion:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts