Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After viewing the 2022 line-up. Im still not feeling the need to downgrade to a new model. Anyone else?
I see they upgraded the itc to 2015 style cable throttle, well I do like that.
The 900t 150 is now a tractor motor...lol
Maybe opt for the 130 version and get spanked by some 2010 1200 burning 87. Gawd.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Lol, I cant decide whether my 2017 1200 is a big turd or a classic, but the older I get the heavier it feels, that I know.
I'm thinking 2 more seasons, then get rid of 1200 & buy another 900. My kid refuses to ride the 1200, says he don't care that's it's faster in the fields, he loves the 900

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I'm on this one for another year, just turned 10,600 miles, season 4 on it, I got carried away and spent way to much on parts for this thing that I'll never get my money back on, sled cost and parts I have to be in it for 18g or so, don't care to add up the receipts, probably fall over. Been reliable except for 3 coil pins over the years which I either fixed on the trail or in the garage that night.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Keeping our two grey couches for at least one more season and that will make a full decade with them.. At that point I don't really care that much about how little they will be worth with high miles because I will have gotten my money's worth out of them. They will make great starter sleds for a couple just getting into it as they've been well maintained and have some nice aftermarket upgrades. I'm not buying new sleds just for the sake of having new sleds. If next winter is another poor one, I might keep them even longer

Reactions: maxxterminator

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will say that the 22 mach-zed is the most attractive new offering since my 15 SE.
Justifying 20k is tough with these snow bogus back to back winters. Im done trailering to elevated patches. If the regular northern trail system is not good, I stay home now.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It is still nice to see BRP launch whats new they have to offer. All is not for everyone but some can be (Ras X and Rmotion X now on all models). I ride with 900Ts and some have had issues with hose clamps (leaks) and codes come up if octane isn't high enough at peak boost / full throttle. This seems to be issues not only on BRP sleds but others too. I do not have any intent anytime soon to sell or trade my 1200 non turbo loose clamp and runs perfectly fine on 87 octane gas.....or beer as another member mentioned in another thread lol ????

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another day on the 1200, loving my warm feet, knees, and chest....no mods needed. Burning cheap gas with stump pulling torque and good mpg. Still on same belt @ near 5k miles. No gimmicks like ts ski's or itc bafoonery which suck anyway. Honestly, downgrading to new has been just that since 2016 imo.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Just put a new belt on my '09. Lousy SD original belt only lasted 9500 miles LOL.

For the price of a new Mach I can mild turbo the '13 137 and kick their butts easily and dependably, still have money in my pocket and still be warm with the old wide body tank.

Mach front electronic shocks gotta be at least a grand apiece. No thanks.

Reactions: maxxterminator

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First in nation 2022 doo models on display 30 mins from me this weekend. No one in my circle of riders cared to go. Maybe it's the rain.....maybe it's yet another bony winter.
High prices? Funky looking sleds? All the above.

Anyone "not" feelin it?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Talked with the wife this weekend if there are any new sleds she's interested in. Nope.

Same for me. Not interested in a turbo anything. I guess a NA 900 is about it, but seems like a down grade from the 1200.

I like polaris' new gauge, but not interested in a 2 stroke either.

On hold for the next few years especially if the season is only a month long.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I tried a 900 turbo with a 185hp tune and it is lots of hp, but in all honesty I find it too much for trails. Yeah if you are into the faster kind of thing is one thing. I am not and really do enjoy my 1200. It would be interesting to ride the 130hp 900t. I am the kind of guy using all the power 70 ~ 80% of the time vs 20 ~ 30% of the time. I do think the 130hp 900T would be a great addition to lineup.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lots of cool stuff this year but no interest in buying, drove a 2021 XRS 900T, nice but just not feeling it. When they first released the 900T I told myself I would never get rid of the 1200 because someday I will do something with it and it's a Big Block Chevy. The 900 in any version is still a Small Block Chevy.

Either way this is not a bad thing, but since I put a turbo on my 1200, it's just a whole different game. May not handle as well as the new ones but in a straight line.....see ya!

I should add, a 900TR will be on the way...just in a couple of years.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I love my 2015 skidoo 1200. I've put some time and energy into this and still not done. I ran 91 in a radar run last weekend. I bested 850s, F7s, 900t stock and tuned (obviously stud set up helps). It is a great sled, but the Mach Z is calling my name. I stud aggressively and I know launch mode I'd be able to use. I was set on not getting it but the wife said go for it and I'll probably regret it if I don't. At the same time I'm not ready to let go so I'll be hanging on to my 1200.

ed8d32e472a0cdf73e2ba69012e378e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Another day on the 1200, loving my warm feet, knees, and chest....no mods needed. Burning cheap gas with stump pulling torque and good mpg. Still on same belt @ near 5k miles. No gimmicks like ts ski's or itc bafoonery which suck anyway. Honestly, downgrading to new has been just that since 2016 imo.
Nailed it. Feet/knees/chest... OR this

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiCqMix3JDvAhVEU98KHehvCUsQtwIwAHoECAIQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dr41-kFRX2Xs&usg=AOvVaw0WeMKLpaNs8olZYzUkaPXm

·
RPG
1,215 Posts
Traded my GSX in after 8 great trouble free seasons on it. Ordered a 22 900r renegade x. Going to miss my old ride and I’m hoping the new one serves me as well as the GSX did. Still holding on to my 2011 GTX 1200, it has half the mileage of my GSX so not worried about that.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think it's great that manufacturers continue to create a "buzz" every year with new releases or spring only offers etc. It's healthy for the sport. Currently I feel no need to replace my sled. It has 3 seasons on it and about 8000 kms (5000 miles). The engine has 1000 kms on it. So it is essentially a new machine again. I do like the Mach Z, but my Mach years are behind me now ( had 3 of them ). I wonder how manufacturers are going to create the hype when the sport goes electric in a decade or so?.....This new model features a 20kw fully variable servo motor!....just doesn't get the heart rate pounding does it?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lots of cool stuff this year but no interest in buying, drove a 2021 XRS 900T, nice but just not feeling it. When they first released the 900T I told myself I would never get rid of the 1200 because someday I will do something with it and it's a Big Block Chevy. The 900 in any version is still a Small Block Chevy.
Either way this is not a bad thing, but since I put a turbo on my 1200, it's just a whole different game. May not handle as well as the new ones but in a straight line.....see ya!

I should add, a 900TR will be on the way...just in a couple of years.
????????

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think it's great that manufacturers continue to create a "buzz" every year with new releases or spring only offers etc. It's healthy for the sport. Currently I feel no need to replace my sled. It has 3 seasons on it and about 8000 kms (5000 miles). The engine has 1000 kms on it. So it is essentially a new machine again. I do like the Mach Z, but my Mach years are behind me now ( had 3 of them ). I wonder how manufacturers are going to create the hype when the sport goes electric in a decade or so?.....This new model features a 20kw fully variable servo motor!....just doesn't get the heart rate pounding does it?
Wait. What? Why the engine replacement on your 1200?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Engine was replaced due to an oil pump idler gear wearing out. This plastic idler gear transfers drive from crankshaft to the pressure pump. Looks like the center bore wallowed out first, and as a result the gear teeth didn't mesh with the oil pump. There is a recent thread in the 1200 section about swapping a 1200.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts